[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, I saw a short while ago that James Wade is leaving his job as head coach of the WNBA's Chicago Sky to join the Toronto Raptors' bench. I think it bears noting that, in his dual role as head coach and general manager of the Sky, Wade traded a player and five picks, including three (!!!) first round picks picks, in order to acquire a player who, while playing well, is only the second-best player on a sub-.500 team and got no serious All-Star consideration.

He may have felt his seat getting hot: I can't help but wonder if he decided to pull a "Let me quit, before I get fired" move?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
So, I saw a short while ago that James Wade is leaving his job as head coach of the WNBA's Chicago Sky to join the Toronto Raptors' bench. I think it bears noting that, in his dual role as head coach and general manager of the Sky, Wade traded a player and five picks, including three (!!!) first round picks picks, in order to acquire a player who, while playing well, is only the second-best player on a sub-.500 team and got no serious All-Star consideration.

He may have felt his seat getting hot: I can't help but wonder if he decided to pull a "Let me quit, before I get fired" move?
Let's hope he has the same kind of success there as well. We could use one or two players from there in a trade....especially a lopsided one in our favor. :)

Sengun has allegedly grown 2 inches and is now 6’11 without shoes. Dude could Rocket up the center rankings this year.
That was one of my hesitations with him, he just looked small when I watched him play via highlights and that kind of turned me off.

Never took into account people being able to grow that late pretty promising for the Rockets potentially!!!

NBA Rumors: Ben McLemore, Dion Waiters, Harry Giles III to Workout for Teams in Vegas
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...n Waiters and,coincide with NBA Summer League.

McLemore's last NBA appearance came during the 2021-22 season with the Portland Trail Blazers. After going unsigned for the 2022-23 campaign, McLemore played for the Shandong Hi-Speed Kirin of the Chinese Basketball Association.

Waiters has not played professional basketball since being part of the Lakers' 2020 championship team. He's competed in just 10 regular-season games since the end of the 2018-19 campaign, making it a bit of a surprise that he'd seek an NBA return after three years.

Giles may have the best chance at landing an NBA contract coming out of the week. Once considered a potential All-Star, Giles has seen injuries derail his professional career to the point he's appeared in just 142 games since being drafted in 2017.
(https://www.instagram.com/reel/CukeuvrAYUk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==)

Maybe Hgiizzle can join us as a training camp invite?

Any one else think it’s odd how many twins are coming through the NBA? The Martin’s, Murray’s, Thompsons, the Flaggs and Boozers. Considering how impossible it is to get to the NBA, I’m surprised we have this many super athlete twins. Twins make up 3 percent of births

Status
Not open for further replies.