More ESPN thoughts

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/cowbell/050225

MORE COWBELL: NBA TRADES

By Bill Simmons
Page 2

WEBBER TO THE SIXERS
When my buddy Gus called from ESPN to tell me that Webber was headed to Philly, I said, "Lemme guess, Kenny Thomas, Dalembert and Big Dog?"

Nope. Way off. And that's the thing that amazes me about the deal -- how could the Kings not get some cap flexibility with this trade? Sixty million worth of Thomas, Skinner and Corliss ... that's the best you could do? You're telling me Isiah wouldn't have traded Kurt Thomas and Penny Hardaway (done in 2006) for him? Just an awful trade for them. I know that the Ewing Theory potential with the Kings is off the chart -- remember, they still have Miller, Bibby and Peja, all of whom always looked better whenever C-Webb was hurt -- and I know they needed to make a 3-for-1 since they had no bench. But this trade was horrendous. If it happened in my roto league, I would have protested it.

Watching Webber in person against the Clippers last month, I couldn't believe how he was dragging that bum leg around -- it was actually sad to watch. No lift, no explosiveness, nothing. I thought it looked like he had a giant fork in his back. And then he kept getting to the line and grabbing rebounds, and he made a couple of threes, and then he took over the game down the stretch. He ended up with a 23-14-6. On one leg. Basically, because of his knee problems, he's turned into That Annoying Guy from pickup hoops -- the guy with the ugly game and the giant knee brace, the one who doesn't seem even remotely threatening, the one who looks laughably bad at least five or six times over the course of an hour, and somehow, he ends up killing you in the end. That's Chris Webber. And yeah, he was never quite good enough to carry a team to the title as the best guy, and the C-Webb Crunch-Time Face goes down in the Pantheon of Faces. But as the Tubbs to Iverson's Crockett? I think he's going to be fantastic.

Also interest bit in the article is his speculation that Garnett is truly injured and playing at 40%. He's another BSPN guy, but I feel bad for someone that seems to get all his NBA expieriences from Clipper games.

swisshh said:
He's another BSPN guy, but I feel bad for someone that seems to get all his NBA expieriences from Clipper games.
No it's a good read.

Basically he is saying even with one leg, Chris is helping us to win.