Lyles Option

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't they have to exercise any and all options before the free agency period opens up?
That is not a general rule, the option deadline is negotiated as part of the contract and often comes after the free agency period opens. In the case of Lyles, basketballinsiders.com lists his option as coming due tomorrow, 6/29.

That is not a general rule, the option deadline is negotiated as part of the contract and often comes after the free agency period opens. In the case of Lyles, basketballinsiders.com lists his option as coming due tomorrow, 6/29.
Thanks for the clarification, and for educating me on how the process works; Much appreciated :)

Nice. Now the next shoe to drop is what happens with DDV.
And that could take awhile depending on how long it takes for him to bring an offer sheet back to the Kings. If he doesn't want to come back I think it will leak pretty quickly and be somewhat like a Bogdan part 2 scenario.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Nice. Now the next shoe to drop is what happens with DDV.
QOs for DDV and Queta have to be extended by tomorrow. It appears that Metu's team option is up tomorrow as well.

It's perhaps a bit strange that Lyles' option (also due tomorrow) was picked up today but we haven't heard about the other players. (Perhaps Ham has a source with Lyles' agent but not the other players?)