[Game] Kings vs Milwaukee Bucks - 3/12/2024 7:00PM PST/10:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I just want the team to play like Mike Brown wants - touching the paint on offense, "spraying" (moving) the ball, not taking contested 3 pointers with time on the clock, not forcing it against multiple defenders. Simply put, play for the easy shot and easy pass, making the "hockey" assist if the true assist isn't there. And make no mistake, while the message was aimed at the entire team, it is aimed primarily at Fox, who is, after all, the "star" point guard on this team. In the last game Fox was doing the exact opposite of all of the above. Playing defense with effort wouldn't hurt either.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure how Sasha is progressing but if Keegan can't play tonight might not be a bad time for him to get a few minutes and see what he can do.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see Edwards get some minutes. He's shown he can make a difference on defense.
Agreed. I've loved Edwards defense. With scoring issues the last couple games I think it would be nice to see if we have another 3-point option out there and Sasha should be our best bet.

I'd like to see Coach sit the entire starting unit the next time he sees even a glimpse of slacking off against lesser teams or when a big lead has been built...send the bench out there with the Eye of the Tiger and the hunger to compete. That said, I fully expect a W tonight so long as the first and second units aren't being sat due to injury.

I just want the team to play like Mike Brown wants - touching the paint on offense, "spraying" (moving) the ball, not taking contested 3 pointers with time on the clock, not forcing it against multiple defenders. Simply put, play for the easy shot and easy pass, making the "hockey" assist if the true assist isn't there. And make no mistake, while the message was aimed at the entire team, it is aimed primarily at Fox, who is, after all, the "star" point guard on this team. In the last game Fox was doing the exact opposite of all of the above. Playing defense with effort wouldn't hurt either.
I love it when I see the Kings passing the ball, making the good pass, and taking the good shot. They just do not do it all the time.

Then there are the times when Sabonis is triple- and quadruple-teamed, and cannot find the exit pass. Or Fox decides to go one on three, ignoring the shooters open on the wings. Or the defenders lose track of who is open on the weak side. Aaarggghhh!

Agreed. I've loved Edwards defense. With scoring issues the last couple games I think it would be nice to see if we have another 3-point option out there and Sasha should be our best bet.
I would not be surprised to see Keon Ellis start at the two tonight, with Kevin Huerter at the three and Harrison Barnes at the four. We know that Mike Brown has confidence in Ellis & also know that he has performed well when called upon--six of the last ten games. He leads the team in steals per 36 minutes over that stretch.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I would not be surprised to see Keon Ellis start at the two tonight, with Kevin Huerter at the three and Harrison Barnes at the four. We know that Mike Brown has confidence in Ellis & also know that he has performed well when called upon--six of the last ten games. He leads the team in steals per 36 minutes over that stretch.
Could happen, but if recent past is prologue Heurter still won't get a lot of minutes, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.