[Game] Kings vs. Atlanta Hawks, 1/22/2024, 7:00p PST/10:00p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time this bad boy tips off, THE Sacramento Kings will have had FOUR days to think about life since Friday, January 12th, 2024.

Hopefully, they took whatever small sample of good that came out of games during that stretch, and will carroy all of that forward.
Hopefully, they took whatever large sample of bad that came out of games during that stretch, and won't carry all of that forward.

There's really not a whole lot I can say here, folks, other than...

Just win the ******* basketball game.

Is that too much to ask them to do for us at this point?

Vezenkov is listed doubtful , all rest should be ready to play (hope they are finally :) )
Hawks will have huge missing in the face of Young and few rest :
Gueye back
Hunter knee Starter
Matthews calf
Krejci shoulder
All according ESPN

Should be good advantage for us , home ground , no injury problems , against team misseing two starters. Lets hope to see the face from the first 43 agaisnt Suns ...

LETSSSS GOOOO KINGSSSSS

It should go without saying but I will say it anyway do not underestimate this team just because they're tore up from the floor up. King City to come out strong and play Nancy defense for four quarters. No need is safe and when they get the lead keep rolling.
If not for reasons related to the Atlanta Hawks, their roster, and/or their coaching staff, our recent performance (or lack thereof) should be enough reason to NOT underestimate the Hawks tonight.

The worrisome part of this 4-game stretch has honestly been the lack of attention to detail rather than the talent level on the floor. Blowing a 22 point lead. Letting TJ McConnel run by you all game. Not hitting your FT's down the stretch in MIL.

I don't need to see a blow-out tonight, but I do need to see a full 48-minute focused game. Show we can do all the little things right.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The worrisome part of this 4-game stretch has honestly been the lack of attention to detail rather than the talent level on the floor. Blowing a 22 point lead. Letting TJ McConnel run by you all game. Not hitting your FT's down the stretch in MIL.

I don't need to see a blow-out tonight, but I do need to see a full 48-minute focused game. Show we can do all the little things right.
That's effort, not inattention to detail. Terrible defensive effort.

That's effort, not being detailed minded. Terrible defensive effort.
Yeah, I think effort ties into that for me. If you're lacking attention to detail, you're probably not really giving much effort to whatever you're doing. Think that's been a problem for this Kings team in a lot of games this year. Certainly wasn't last year.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I think effort ties into that for me. If you're lacking attention to detail, you're probably not really giving much effort to whatever you're doing. Think that's been a problem for this Kings team in a lot of games this year. Certainly wasn't last year.
The detail that Brown wants them to pay attention to is keeping their man in front of them. That little detail was woefully absent in the defense of McConnel.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I have absolutely no data to back this up but it feels like the Kings have been in a rut ever since Maxxine Dupri came to a game and no one cheered for her when she was on the Jumbotron.

Trae Young is out tonight according to espn injury report. That means I don't know who he is but Bruno Fernando who averages 3 points a game this season will drop 30 on the kings tonight. TJ mcconnell deja vu.

Did we win our last game vs ATL? And was it helped by Trae Young 'taking over'. It's not super clear in my memory but not unconvinced that Trae is more than half of ATL's issues. Hoping we thump them, not brave enough to expect anything.

Nowwwww .....
After the night is already a night to remember ... Should i hope for our 7-10 bulgarian minutes today or Vezenkov is out ?
There is literally no conformation about his status anywhere ... ?
What is Kings franchise record by the way ?

P.S. Found it ... 56 seems beatable :)

Nowwwww .....
After the night is already a night to remember ... Should i hope for our 7-10 bulgarian minutes today or Vezenkov is out ?
There is literally no conformation about his status anywhere ... ?
What is Kings franchise record by the way ?

P.S. Found it ... 56 seems beatable :)
Vezenkov is available. I have never figured out Mike Brown's philosophy on injuries, though. He seems to think that "If they are declared fit, I will put them in if I want to." In only a few cases, such as Len's recent minutes restriction, have I observed signs of caution.

Vezenkov is available. I have never figured out Mike Brown's philosophy on injuries, though. He seems to think that "If they are declared fit, I will put them in if I want to." In only a few cases, such as Len's recent minutes restriction, have I observed signs of caution.
Well at least when they are injured you do not have to wonder for 2.5 hours if he is going to play at all or not :)
now i will do it haha
I saw the team warm-up a minute ago in the NBA app and all seemed normal as well

Status
Not open for further replies.