Kings Uniform Jerseys

V

VECTORPLEX

At the beginning of the 2002-2003 season, the Kings had undergone a major wardrobe change from top to bottom. The redesigned jersey uniforms look more modern with the new V-neck style trim and the logo style numbers. I really admire the purple road jerseys that say "Sacramento" on them, for they represent the city well.

As for the home white jerseys, I have never really gotten used to the small case letters, not including the capital letter K. I miss seeing the full capital letters on the jerseys, like the ones they used to wear, as seen on the primary logo. To me, the capital letters gives the uniforms a more bold aggressive statement look, unlike the ones they are wearing today.

A

AriesMar27

where the hell did this come from? we went from trade peja to queer eye for the hoops guy..... but i miss the black jerseys......

Are you asking which uniform people like more or are we suppossed to coment on the newest unis? If you are then I like the old black ones, just like ariesmar27.

S

SaCKiNgS24

the black jerseys rule! bring them back! for a while they had those purple/blueish ones, does anyone remember those? or was it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

V

VECTORPLEX

I really miss the black road jerseys, for they gave the players that road warrior look. Plus it was those same black uniforms the Kings wore when they got to the Western Conference Finals. They never got that close again with these new uniforms.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
While I admit to being somewhat puzzled about the thread, I have heard that the black unis are coming back. And sooner than you think. ;)

As far as the purple/blue ones go, it's an optical illusion and color problem that occurs on some TVs via some broadcasts. I've sworn at times the road uniforms were more blue than purple only to see them on the news or in pictures later and have them look normal.

V

VECTORPLEX

That is good news. I hope these jerseys will have the King Size capital letters, as opposed to these Queen Size letters we see now.

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
VECTORPLEX said:
That is good news. I hope these jerseys will have the King Size capital letters, as opposed to these Queen Size letters we see now. These home uniforms must have been designed by a lady.
You might want to rethink those "lady" comments. We have a good number of women on this board and, just so you know, I'm one of them. ;)

From what I heard, and it was from a friend who heard it from a retailer she knows, the black jerseys are going to be EXACTLY like the purple jerseys only they'll be black where the others are purple and vice-versa.

They aren't redoing the whole jersey.

Last edited:
AriesMar27 said:
where the hell did this come from? we went from trade peja to queer eye for the hoops guy..... but i miss the black jerseys......
As do I. Seeing as how that was the only time we made it to the WCF, i think the teamed like/misses them too.;)

VF21 said:
You might want to rethink those "lady" comments. We have a good number of women on this board and, just so you know, I'm one of them.

From what I heard, and it was from a friend who heard it from a retailer she knows, the black jerseys are going to be EXACTLY like the purple jerseys only they'll be black where the others are purple and vice-versa.

They aren't redoing the whole jersey.

HAHA :)

VF for now on We will refer to the home jerseys as "TONIGHT THE KINGS ARE WEARING THE LADIES JERSEYS"

V

VECTORPLEX

I always thought the King Size letters and the letter style numbers on the front left of the jersey would go well together. They just need to widen the letters a little and fill them with a darker shade of purple.

The Black alternates have been available in some shops since the time we switched uniform designs. I'm hoping my shop owner friend is correct when he says they are going to begin wearing them sometime this spring

V

VECTORPLEX

Whenever I see the San Antonio Spurs black road jerseys, I begin to miss our old black ones. They really need to bring back the King Size letters. However, it is a reassuring sight to still see the primary logo on the court floor of Arco Arena.

They aren't bringing back the King size lettering, as you call it. Not anytime in the near future. I'll just be happy if they bring back the Black for some games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
VECTORPLEX said:
Man, what a real loss of tradition. :(
Okay, clear this up for me. How is going BACK to using a uniform that was wildly popular a LOSS of tradition?

And what tradition are you talking about?

Teams change uniforms. It happens all the time.

VF21 said:
Okay, clear this up for me. How is going BACK to using a uniform that was wildly popular a LOSS of tradition?

And what tradition are you talking about?

Teams change uniforms. It happens all the time.

wait VF....if a change does occur...would it be only an alternate jersey or the kings permanently wearing black for road games

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's all rumor right now, and I'm speaking second-hand but the way I understood, it would be an ALTERNATE to the purple NOT a replacement.

well i for one would like to see something completely new...id say a NEW road uniform and a NEW home uniform

i personally don't see what the big deal is about the black ones in particular...i really didn't care so much for the font on those...but i do think it would be nice to bring back the color BLACK just in general

if anything they should have a 3rd alternate jersey...cuz im pretty tired of looking at the same TWO all the time

a dream of mine was to be able to design the NBA team jerseys...if i were doing them they'd be hott...and i actually went to school for fashion so id know what i was talking about