Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

Suns emptying their bench in order to sign "buy out" players after the deadline, probably looking for point guards (Lowry?)
So 4 players and 3 2nd round picks for Royce O'Neale at the end.

The Suns will likely get their wish. Those buggers have gotten everything they've wanted up to this point. I do like Watanabe though. I think he's pretty good on defense. The Suns took a bunch of meh and turned it into two solid rotational pieces. Now, yeah, they'll probably add some ring chasers and it's looking like Clippers and Suns could be the playoff threats in the West.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Suns will likely get their wish. Those buggers have gotten everything they've wanted up to this point. I do like Watanabe though. I think he's pretty good on defense. The Suns took a bunch of meh and turned it into two solid rotational pieces. Now, yeah, they'll probably add some ring chasers and it's looking like Clippers and Suns could be the playoff threats in the West.
The thing is as far against the second apron that they are, I’m not sure how many buyout guys they’re technically able to sign.

Kessler Edwards would provide about the same production on both ends given time
I think Caleb is a little more versatile compared to Kessler. Edwards is more of a 3/4, Martin can legit guard 1-4 if the 4 is small. Martin is a also more productive and a better shooter. That said, I'm not sure why the Heat would be moving him at this point.

They still need to get through the Nuggets. But it’s clear who the top 4 in the West are: Denver, LAC, OKC, Minny. It’s gonna be a tough battle for the 5-6 spot between us, Phoenix, NO, and Dallas. Unfortunately, Phoenix and Dallas just made some key moves that puts them in good position.

They still need to get through the Nuggets. But it’s clear who the top 4 in the West are: Denver, LAC, OKC, Minny. It’s gonna be a tough battle for the 5-6 spot between us, Phoenix, NO, and Dallas. Unfortunately, Phoenix and Dallas just made some key moves that puts them in good position.
I'm kind of hoping the Suns just try and pull a Warriors and coast into the playoffs rather than burn out for positioning. That could ease things for the other teams. Otherwise if the Suns push it's a problem. It went way under the radar that even without their big 3 together they were hanging in at over .500 almost the whole season. Since then they've already made up nearly 8 games in the loss column.

It sucks seeing the teams around us improving and getting better through trades (OKC, Phoenix, and Dallas), but it is what it is. We’re not making any type of noise until Fox gets his head back in the game. There’s not a single trade out there that turns things around more than Fox getting back to his All-Star level play.

I’m fine if Monte stays put at the deadline, but we will need to make some serious moves in the off-season because this looks like a fringe first-exit team in the West.

I think Caleb is a little more versatile compared to Kessler. Edwards is more of a 3/4, Martin can legit guard 1-4 if the 4 is small. Martin is a also more productive and a better shooter. That said, I'm not sure why the Heat would be moving him at this point.
Caleb right now is basically what we'd hope Kessler could one day turn into.

It sucks seeing the teams around us improving and getting better through trades (OKC, Phoenix, and Dallas), but it is what it is. We’re not making any type of noise until Fox gets his head back in the game. There’s not a single trade out there that turns things around more than Fox getting back to his All-Star level play.

I’m fine if Monte stays put at the deadline, but we will need to make some serious moves in the off-season because this looks like a fringe first-exit team in the West.
I think staying put is a mistake. At the very least Monte needs to find a home for Davion and clear some of that salary. Even if Malik doesn't stay put since that's basically totally out of Monte's control technically Monte needs to prepare to add that salary to his books and maximize the use of his MLE this summer. If he does that he's adding like 30 million to his cap sheet in the process. Davions 6 million or so off the books should be gone by then.

Not sure you saw, but he was basically himself again during the road trip. And incredibly active on D.

But the issue arises when he's just a no show like Det. Especially when the role guys struggle.

I don’t know what to expect in the off season when our biggest move last year was gifting a FRP and Holmes to Dallas so they get Daniel Gafford