kings notes: kings make fans the focus tonight

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/11016257p-11933302c.html

Kings notes: Kings make fans the focus tonight

By Martin McNeal -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 am PDT Friday, October 8, 2004

They call it Fandemonium, and it's one of the funkiest times of the year. It's when you can have your ticket taken by Mike Bibby, be shown to your seat by Peja Stojakovic and end the night playing a basketball skill game with Chris Webber.

Tonight's evening is designed to bring interaction between fans and players but also is an introduction and showcase for the team's free agents and rookies.

There will be a short scrimmage. The veterans will serve as officials and coaches, and the newcomers will get a chance to do their thing.

Afterward, selected fans will come onto the floor and participate in skill games with players.

The festivities begin at 6 p.m. at Arco Arena.

Webber at practice - Webber was on the floor Thursday and was no worse for wear after completing practice.

"I felt very good," he said before leaving the practice facility. "There was no problem at all, and it was good to be back out there on the floor."

Webber had missed the previous two days with swelling in his knee.

Adelman pleased with concentration - Kings coach Rick Adelman knows there will be one day of practice in every training camp when things don't go his way.

Wednesday was that day, and Adelman let his players know their performance was under par.

Thursday, Adelman said, his team put forth much more effort.

"It was much more intense, and there was a lot more concentration," he said. "You know it's going to happen during training camp when guys aren't into it, but that doesn't mean you're going to be happy with it."

Adelman says he has to use these days to evaluate what he has in camp.

"You haven't seen a lot of these (players) very much before and you've got to know what you have," he said. "There is always the chance that you have to put people on the injured list and you've got know what kind of options you have available in your own camp."

i envy the people who will be going to Fandemonium! i wish i could experience that, too.. Have fun everyone! :D

I have my tickets but I think I'm going to give them to my neighbor. Although this sounds like fun it's really quite boring and they don't really do too much.

I'm going tonight just to see how the rookies play. I've been there three straight years and ...yes, it's not all to exciting!