[Game] Kings @ Mavs, Sunday May 2nd, 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern

I've argued the same point about having to have the best player to win a championship. But how come that best player isn't usually a scoring PG? How do the Kings build this roster to compliment Fox so the team can be competitive, even when he's not playing out of his mind?

I'm not questioning or doubting Fox at all. I wonder what else is needed to push this team over the top, because there is already a lot of talent there.
To be fair, I think you could make a pretty compelling case LeBron is a 6'9 scoring PG

Is there a ceiling though. Was there a formula with Steph Curry and the Warriors, or was that an anomaly like when the Pistons won without a star?

Portland has continuously had injury problems, but is there more to it when teams like Phoenix and Utah pass them up so easily with addition of traditional point guards.
Steph also moves the ball very well for a high scoring guard. When they had Durant, Steph wasn’t the highest usage guard on the team.

I've argued the same point about having to have the best player to win a championship. But how come that best player isn't usually a scoring PG? How do the Kings build this roster to compliment Fox so the team can be competitive, even when he's not playing out of his mind?

I'm not questioning or doubting Fox at all. I wonder what else is needed to push this team over the top, because there is already a lot of talent there.
Actually I would argue if not for the refs, the Kings have already proven it can be done. But you have to have high IQ players that see the game and move the ball. Vlade’s problem was he was such a high IQ player he assumed it was simple and anyone can be taught.

bingo, it's pretty simple, they suck balls at defense. Remember when Mike Malone was here and the Kings played defense ? Their rotations were crisp, they communicated, they put in effort. I remember everyone making great rotations and playing sound defense, even the "low iq" players.

That's been non-existent since (though I'll be fair I've missed most of this season). I think they need a coach that can whip them into shape on the defensive end and that actually has great success getting teams to work hard and play good fundamental defense.
For a whole 15 games where they went 9-6? The Kings are now 15-12 without Fox which is close to double the sample size you put out but yeah it's the Kings defense......

Last edited: