Kings logo/color adjustments leaked/stealth announced

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Can't they ever learn to be consistent with capitalization and get rid of the stupid *** "KInGS" in the logo?!?!? Would it absolutely kill someone to use a capital N once in a while???

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think I'll ever like the Löwenbräu lion secondary logo but I think the new gray is an improvement, and they finally got the script logo right.

But hopefully we don't see that stacked workmark used often. Or at all. Oof.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The secondary logo with the lion head coming out of the basketball is growing on me. I kinda wish that was our primary logo. And I do like the curved crown graphic. The new script wordmarks are not working for me though. In the first one the cursive g merges into the underlining in a weird way and that accent mark on the K doesn't make any sense as an actual piece of calligraphy. In the stacked version the S also has a weird accent and the descender on the g ends too early. I recognize that I'm really picky about wordmarks though. If it doesn't look it could be handwritten by a human wielding an actual pen it falls into an uncanny valley which I cannot unsee.

The secondary logo with the lion head coming out of the basketball is growing on me. I kinda wish that was our primary logo. And I do like the curved crown graphic. The new script wordmarks are not working for me though. In the first one the cursive g merges into the underlining in a weird way and that accent mark on the K doesn't make any sense as an actual piece of calligraphy. In the stacked version the S also has a weird accent and the descender on the g ends too early. I recognize that I'm really picky about wordmarks though. If it doesn't look it could be handwritten by a human wielding an actual pen it falls into an uncanny valley which I cannot unsee.
Agree on all points, At first glance, the cursive looked weird and now your explanation really nails the issue. It's like kerning, once you see the issue, you can't unsee it.