Kings Local TV Schedule

Can anybody give an update? Will us Kings fans in Sacramento be shut out again. If you go to the Golden State Warriors site, you will see that Fox Sports Bay Area will carry 70 games. That is SEVENTY!!!!!, for the freggin Warriors. I hope Maloofs Sports and Entertainment will step up to the plate in 2004-05.

From what I've heard, they will. Unfortunately for some of us, the rumored deal is with ComCast, which will exclusively air 56? Kings games. Coupled with the National & News 10 games, that is just about all of them. Then all the fans who have Dish will be complaining because ComCast has exclusivity. It will be the Maloofs fault, of course, that the Dish providers didn't want to strike a deal, and ComCast did.;)
I hope this deal is finalized soon, as I need to make arrangements to switch to ComCast, but I'm not doing it until it's a done deal.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll just caution people not to jump the gun about switching to ComCast. WAIT for an official announcement before you do anything. As Kingsgurl says, don't do it "until it's a done deal."

And remember - people outside of the ComCast service area might have different options available. Until all the wrinkles are ironed out and deal is actually announced, there could be a lot of little subtle nuances.

Exactly, which is why I am sitting tight with my DirecTV, for the moment. I'm a pretty loyal customer, but I'll ditch them in a hot second, if that's what it takes to see the Kings games:p

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
VF21 said:
I'll just caution people not to jump the gun about switching to ComCast. WAIT for an official announcement before you do anything. As Kingsgurl says, don't do it "until it's a done deal."

And remember - people outside of the ComCast service area might have different options available. Until all the wrinkles are ironed out and deal is actually announced, there could be a lot of little subtle nuances.
...and it's the subtle nuances I'm hoping for. I just got DishNetwork yesterday so that I could get League Pass this year. (My local cable company doesn't even offer it). Anyway, I will get many NBA games, but, obviously, I hope to get many Kings games in there, as well.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You'll be fine, 6th - as will I. We are pretty far outside of the ComCast service area.

:D

There is only a 90 mile blackout radius. You both live well outside of that (shudders to think about driving to VF's after wine tasting AND back home)

Kingsgurl said:
Exactly, which is why I am sitting tight with my DirecTV, for the moment. I'm a pretty loyal customer, but I'll ditch them in a hot second, if that's what it takes to see the Kings games:p
Lucky me, I've got DirecTV AND Comcast....:cool:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Kingsgurl said:
HMM< now THERE'S an idea! Do you just get basic cable? and Basic DTV?
Don't get ahead of yourself, girl. You know darned well that Comcast won't put the Kings games on a channel you can get with basic cable. ;)

Look at the bright side. There won't be any blacked-out games with the Las Vegas Kings. Maloof Sports will probably change the logos and such to accomodate the kings and queens of playing cards. I'm not sure the Monarchs will go for being called the Las Vegas Queens.

Hmm, I hope Stanford is far enough so games are not blacked out. I also hope that whatever TV service I get in the dorms has me covered (doubtful). I guess I'll have to settle for crossing the bay twice to watch at Golden State...

6th said:
Don't get ahead of yourself, girl. You know darned well that Comcast won't put the Kings games on a channel you can get with basic cable. ;)
According to the rumoured deal, The games will be on OLN thats channel 34 here in Sac.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Kingsgurl said:
So, that's a Basic channel? Not part of the premium services?
I don't even know what OLN is.

Kg, be careful. I can tell you haven't had cable in awhile. You can pay for Basic service (gets you local channels and very little else) or you can purchase Expanded Basic (gets you quite a few channels). The Expanded Basic is the very least you would want. Do I have you :confused: yet? ;)

LPKingsFan said:
Hmm, I hope Stanford is far enough so games are not blacked out. I also hope that whatever TV service I get in the dorms has me covered (doubtful). I guess I'll have to settle for crossing the bay twice to watch at Golden State...
i live near stanford, and without LP, its just the nationally televised games. oh and all 4 against the warriors on FSN. i'm about 20 minutes north of stanford, and i can get 1140 AM on my radio most of the time. i have to move around to certian parts of the house and sometimes keep it moving around, but it can be done. you might have it easier then i do ( there are trees and hills surrouding me so maybe in the open space you can get a better reception)

it's not that bad of a drive going up to arco, about 3 hours round trip if you need to see a kings game live :)

FSN is not a basic channel for Comcast. It is actually part of the Expanded Service. The limited basic channels (Your basic package) is channels (2-29)
The Expanded Service channels are (2-99) Except channel 77 which is HBO. If you get digital cable, I noticed there's a Digital Premier Package that includes 15 Channels. (Channels 123,125,128,137,182,294,401,413,414,415,416,476,481,504, and 506)
Channel 401 is Fox Sports World, 413 is Fox Sports Atlantic, 414 is Fox Sports Central, 415 is Fox Sports Net Pacific, and Channel 416 is NBA TV.

beautiful league pass direct tv, comcast, and tivo. i am soooooooooooooo ready for whatever crap they try to pull on me ;)

.these emoticons are horrible. :mad:

slugking50 said:
Outdoor Life Network is the Channel that shows the Tour De France.
The Outdoor Life Network showing an INDOOR sport????!!! Sounds patchwork to me, but I'll take anything at this point.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Outdoor Life Network? Well crap! I pay for 120 friggin channels on my new dish service and I pay extra for the multi-sports pak (which include Fox Sports channels from around the country, NBATV, and others). But, it does not include Outdoor Life Network (or the Outdoor Channel). Gotta pay more to order them. :mad:

Do you guys get OLN on your Expanded Basic (Comcast viewers)?

Well, to heck with you Comcast. I have already ordered League Pass. :rolleyes:

6th said:
Outdoor Life Network? Well crap! I pay for 120 friggin channels on my new dish service and I pay extra for the multi-sports pak (which include Fox Sports channels from around the country, NBATV, and others). But, it does not include Outdoor Life Network (or the Outdoor Channel). Gotta pay more to order them. :mad:

Do you guys get OLN on your Expanded Basic (Comcast viewers)?

Well, to heck with you Comcast. I have already ordered League Pass. :rolleyes:
6th... Unless you move back to Sac this doesnt apply to you:p

Yes Ive always had OLN and I have Basic expanded. I watch it alot. I love the outdoors. :)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
slugking50 said:
6th... Unless you move back to Sac this doesnt apply to you:p

Yes Ive always had OLN and I have Basic expanded. I watch it alot. I love the outdoors. :)
Yes, dear, I am aware that with LP I can get them all anyway. :p However, I do intend to move back to Sac (hopefully next year). Good to know that I'll be able to get the Kings games on Expanded Basic when that happens....assuming this deal with comcast in finalized.

Like others have mentioned though. I would want the ink to dry on a "signed contract" before I made any changes...if I were in Sac.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
slugking50 said:
According to the rumoured deal, The games will be on OLN thats channel 34 here in Sac.
OLN as in Outdoor Life Network?????

I get THAT on my DishNetwork!!!