[Game] Kings @ Hornets - Tuesday, Dec. 17 - 4PT, 7ET (Return of the Fox)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Here's a quickie poll question: How many times this season have you seen Corey Joseph talking animatedly to Buddy Hield while pointing to something or other on the court that Hield should have, or should not have, done? :D I'd say I've seen this at least 10 times so far this year. In this last game Corey gave him an earful when Buddy didn't pass the ball to Corey on the fast break .:D Buddy had this hand-got-caught-in the-cookie-jar kind of look. (I'm shaking my head).

This is why I think Walton is making somewhat of a mistake by restricting his bench to 9. Ferrell, Dedmon, James, and Giles all may be able to contribute, and may create new dynamics on offense or defense. I would like to see him shuffling lineups to try different combinations with both Fox and Bagley. When you're opponent like the Hornets are a step ahead on offense, using the bench to instill energy might've been better earlier in the game. The Kings were out-rebounded 51-36.

In the NBA when you have all-star level talent, you can restrict the bench more......this team doesn't really have that yet - starting players are still developing and/or are not all-star level.
Well, when you introduce new players into the rotation in the (almost) middle of the season, you better keep rotation stable in order to reestablish roles and make players learn how to play off each other. After that, you can experiment with introducing one more player at the time into the rotation. However, I would like to see the 10th player in rotation, specifically Dedmon, because he should complement well with Bagley. He struggled early, but he was more than a competent NBA player, so I believe he will adjust and become a positive contributor.

Here's a quickie poll question: How many times this season have you seen Corey Joseph talking animatedly to Buddy Hield while pointing to something or other on the court that Hield should have, or should not have, done? :D I'd say I've seen this at least 10 times so far this year. In this last game Corey gave him an earful when Buddy didn't pass the ball to Corey on the fast break .:D Buddy had this hand-got-caught-in the-cookie-jar kind of look. (I'm shaking my head).
We had a basketball IQ thread earlier and I believe people questioned if it was real

Buddy should have passed that ball. That was a bad look on his part.

Anyone blaming D Fox for the loss at Charlotte is not paying attention.
We lost because our defense was erratic and the rebounding was terrible.
Not because of changes in rotations, players not blending together or any orther esoteric nonsense.
Bad fundamentals. That's why.