Horford Opting out?

Sam Amick
@sam_amick

·
5m

As for the Kings, the prospect of them landing Dewayne Dedmon is very real. Also, sources tell
@TheAthletic
Sacramento is ONE OF the secured scenarios for Houston's Clint Capela if Jimmy Butler decides to come Houston's way (the Rockets have more than one; highest bidder wins).

So Al gets massive offer at 6pm and will decide Mon/Tues, If not Al, If Clint is possible by Weds then Clint, If not then Dedmon on Weds

I am ok on this progression

Lol, there’s the shocker of the entire offseason. Big money free agent spurns Kings after they help raise his price!

What else is new.
That’s usually what happens, but this time i have a different feeling about it. The kings may be a little pessimistic, but that doesn’t mean he won’t like their pitch

Now we actually have a cool pitch to make, backed up by a fun roster. Before, all we could do is overpay

We have to remember Capela is a long shot. The asking price will likely be too high like it was for Adams, not to mention all of this is hinging on Jimmy Butler signing with the Rockets. Latest reports have indicated Miami to be the favorite.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We have to remember Capela is a long shot. The asking price will likely be too high like it was for Adams, not to mention all of this is hinging on Jimmy Butler signing with the Rockets. Latest reports have indicated Miami to be the favorite.
Sign and trade, I assume? They’re so far over the cap.

please no. this guy wouldn't give us the time of day until now because he knows we're the only team who's desperate enough to give him a massive overpay. HE'S 33 YEARS OLD!!! We're about to pay him like a top 15 player and it's going to turn out to be a horrendous contract. If him signing here would put the Kings over the playoff line, it would be worth it. But does he guarantee it? NO!!!

What happens if he declines this year? We would have the worst contract in the NBA at our hands. There is so many ways this could go bad. I'm sorry, but Vlade has been so damn trigger happy in FA to the point where he's willing to offer any remote average player big money. Wes Matthews, Danny Green, Ryan Anderson, etc. His best basketball days are behind him. Look at Carmelo Anthony for a cautionary tale! Did anyone expect his career to take a sharp dramatic inline? No.

At 32 years old Carmelo Anthony averaged 22.4pts 5.9rebs 2.9asts on 43.3/35.9/83.3
At 33 years old Carmelo Anthony averaged 16.2pts 5.8rebs 1.3asts on 40.4/35.7/76.7
At 34 years old, Carmelo is out of the league. He eventually played 10 games with the Rockets averaging 13.4pts 5.4rebs 0.5asts on 40.5/32.8/68.2, but they cut him soon after.

Skill bigs are different. Players like Horford or Tim Duncan tend to age well if they stay healthy because their true value is above the shoulders. He'll be massively overpaid wherever he goes but it is what it is.

I can see Houston being obsessed with Bogdan

If the Kings give up any rotation pieces for someone like Capela then they went about this thing wrong. You have to make jumps forward, not 2 steps forward somewhere and 2 steps back somewhere else. If the Kings got Capela without PJ Tucker tagging along then I don't see the value. Capela is a total upgrade in a lot of ways to Willie but the teams offense just got very compact. Even more than with Willie possibly.

I guess Philly wants Al next to Embid? Really?
If they really bring another Massive offer after we do tonight
I think Al would take it
Kings used for leverage again - Sigh

So do they back up the truck for Tobias too?
So I guess it depends on if they get assets in a Butler Sign n /trade from Houston
(Gordon and Tucker?) they might not need Harris either

What assets are Miami going to trade for butler?
If its Whiteside, maybe they don't need Horford

So Phily really could control both of our first two Center Options'

I hope Kings put a 24hr life on their massive offer so it just doesn't sit there for leverage for a Philly deal

Last edited: