Free agent sharpshooter Sam Merrill has reached an agreement with the Sacramento Kings

Samuel Hoskins Merrill is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association. He played college basketball for the Utah State Aggies. Wikipedia
Born: May 15, 1996 (age 26 years), Salt Lake City, UT
NBA draft: 2020 (Round: 2 / Pick: 60)
Education: Bountiful High School
Listed height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Listed weight: 197 lb (89 kg)

I have watched all their games together at Utah State, and Merrill is just a cold blooded shooter with no fear, it will be awesome to see them back together...

So lets think.

Guys we know are safe:

1. Fox
2. Sabonis
3.Barnes
4.Keegan
5. Huerter
6. Monk
7. Mitchell
8. Holmes
9. Davis
10. Lyles

Like 80%-90% makes the team:
11. Len
12. Metu

TW contracts:
--Queta
--Ellis

Which leaves:
Kent Bazemore
KZ Okpala
Matthew Delly
Chima Moneke
Quinn Cook
Sam Merrill

To fight for the last 3 slots. Basically a guarantee one of Cook or Delly make it as a 3rd PG. I'd think Baze might have an edge as a vet, but Brown obviously pushed to give his national team guys, Okpala and Moneke a chance. Might come down to if the younger guys willing to go to the G-League, which Baze/Delly won't do.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So lets think.

Guys we know are safe:

1. Fox
2. Sabonis
3.Barnes
4.Keegan
5. Huerter
6. Monk
7. Mitchell
8. Holmes
9. Davis
10. Lyles

11. Len
12. Metu

TW contracts:
--Queta
--Ellis

Which leaves:
Kent Bazemore
KZ Okpala
Matthew Delly
Chima Moneke
Quinn Cook
Sam Merrill

To fight for the last 3 slots. Basically a guarantee one of Cook or Delly make it as a 3rd PG. I'd think Baze might have an edge as a vet, but Brown obviously pushed to give his national team guys, Okpala and Moneke a chance. Might come down to if the younger guys willing to go to the G-League, which Baze/Delly won't do.
Pretty much right. However, it's possible that we make a trade or two as well that might open up a roster spot, particularly if we like some of these (presumably) unguaranteed guys.

Len, Metu, and Lyles are imminently tradeable, and in the right circumstances (for the receiving team) could conceivably be traded into cap room/trade exception for just draft considerations. Davis seems a bit less likely to go for "nothing", and Holmes and Barnes are also candidates for the right trade. It's not out of the question that we would send, say, Holmes and Davis out to get a single contract back and suddenly have another open roster spot.

So lets think.

Guys we know are safe:

1. Fox
2. Sabonis
3.Barnes
4.Keegan
5. Huerter
6. Monk
7. Mitchell
8. Holmes
9. Davis
10. Lyles

11. Len
12. Metu

TW contracts:
--Queta
--Ellis

Which leaves:
Kent Bazemore
KZ Okpala
Matthew Delly
Chima Moneke
Quinn Cook
Sam Merrill

Hopefully they keep Okpala and Cook and then let Baze and Moneke battle it out for the final position.

Hopefully they keep Okpala and Cook and then let Baze and Moneke battle it out for the final position.
Yeah, would be between Moneke and Merrill from me. Would have loved to get a look at both guys in SL, just to get a baseline of what their games are. But I do think Okpala/Cook are pretty clearly have an advantage in terms of talent with those 6.