Fox'n'Bogie

Fox,Buddy,Shump,Bjelly,WCS has been great as a starting unit , I do not want to change it

Having Bogi on the bench is so awesome since he will bring out the best of Giles and Bags
and provide the scoring punch we need

Bogi and Buddy can still play together for 10min a game and still have one of them at the 2 at all times

Could we just leave all the true SF(JJ/Williams) on the bench and play Shump 28,Bogi 10,Bjelly 10 at the 3, and Bjelly 20 , Marvin 28 min at the 4?

at this point I would give JJ minutes to anyone

I guess what I am saying is go to a 9 man rotation with JJ on the bench

or would that be too hard on the guys at our fast pace?
Harsh but mostly true on JJ. The train is leaving the station and it appears he might not be on. You can see the desperation in his eyes though. Thinking "Dangit I'm a shooter why can't I shoot"... guy just can't find his shot right now. It happens, but it's not the end of him necessarily. He will have to become a superb defender to survive in this league I think. I wish him luck and from a fan perspective it is GREAT to see guys competing for playing time AND getting along.

Harsh but mostly true on JJ. The train is leaving the station and it appears he might not be on. You can see the desperation in his eyes though. Thinking "Dangit I'm a shooter why can't I shoot"... guy just can't find his shot right now. It happens, but it's not the end of him necessarily. He will have to become a superb defender to survive in this league I think. I wish him luck and from a fan perspective it is GREAT to see guys competing for playing time AND getting along.
At this point he needs to be assigned to the G league where he can get regular minutes and hopefully play lights out. Honestly Giles will struggle for minutes but has shown a propensity to do more given the opportunity and at this stage id rather he be getting back up SF mins then JJ

There was a play last night where Bogdan had a beautiful bounce pass to just inside the free throw line to Fox and then Fox dished to Harry for a slam. I couldn't help but think that play was a microcosm of the future of this team

Having Bogdan and Fox on the court together makes guys like Harry and Marvin better.
That play developed with Bogie directing traffic after the inbounds pass. It was a thing of beauty!

Re-draft 2017 right now. Today. With the benefit of everything we know right now.

I think you can really argue strong for Fox #1. Vlade wins.
IIRC, Vlade stated after the draft that he’d have taken Fox #1. Some didn’t believe him. He was smart to take him regardless where he got him.

I just recall how happy I was when he fell to #5. I wasn’t convinced it was gonna happen. And I’m glad we didn’t get saddled with Josh Jackson (who I also liked and still have hope for).

gunks

Hall of Famer
Fox is dirty. Thats why he has his own thread. Kid is a nightly threat for "any questions?".

As far as Bogi? I'm still on board with him coming off the bench when Fox goes out so that we get 48 minutes of awesome guard play (sorry Mason, I know you'll have your moments too!). Dude is very quickly shaking off the rust.

Bogi is pretty PGesque with how he can run an offense and he'll definitely help with getting Bagley and Giles easy baskets, only a matter of time before he starts building legit chemistry with those two.

As far as ending games? Fox/Buddy/Bogi/Bjeli/WC$ death lineup. It's not who starts, it's who finishes!

There was a play last night where Bogdan had a beautiful bounce pass to just inside the free throw line to Fox and then Fox dished to Harry for a slam. I couldn't help but think that play was a microcosm of the future of this team

Having Bogdan and Fox on the court together makes guys like Harry and Marvin better.
We have three SUPER athletic bigs, and I know it's early but it really hasn't dawned on people yet the potential of this team. Virtually everyone else on the roster can shoot and pass. Makes for a really fun team to watch. But every single one of our bigs could become an elite/all-star level. I already see flashing signs of it in two of them. Gonna be fun watching them develop over next year +.

I think the starters are fine right now as we have two experienced players. they are playing as a team and are really starting to help us stay in the game at the beginning as they get used to playing with everyone.

Then we sub in Bagley and bogi and the pressure keeps building on the opponents.
The poorer opponents can not hang by the end of the 3rd period and most everyone else is gased by the end.

We are going to lose some games as we are still learning with a young team. The Lakers from what I saw really did not stop us from only having 22 points 17 minutes into the game we as a team stopped ourselves.
As a team we shot very poorly and then played hero ball as I think we were just worn down. The Lakers got lucky in the scheduling and they are not the spurs who we handled a few nights later.

Exactly....if he lets the game come to him, I'm good. He generally seems good for a 6 to 8 point flurry when he gets hot, assuming he's not forcing stuff.
He is perfect complement to WCS. Always plays hard, good positioning on defense, excelent help defense, good rebouner, shotblocker, 3pt shooter. He also complements Fox as a secondary playmaker and shooter so we can play Bogdan with second unit. Fits the first unit like a glove. Role player every good team needs.

I think having Bogdan and Bagley coming off the bench is huge advantage for us. They should both be playing between 25 and 30 mins per game depending on the matchup and their efficiency. I'm wondering if we could see Bjelica and Bagley spending some time together on the floor in the upcoming games?
Joerger mentioned at the end of the Spurs game that he wanted to experiment with Bagley at the 5, so we may be seeing a Bjelica and Bagley duo more.