DeAaron Fox - meeting expectations?

Is DeAaron Fox meeting your expectations?

• He's not quite as good as I thought he'd be.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm disappointed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you surprised?!

This is the same “expert” that suggested we sign Enes Kanter for........wait for it........ Rim Protection! :eek::eek::eek:

You’re hilarious! You talk as if Lopez is this amazing rim protector and player? He averages 12-4 a game
. I don’t like the Lakers. But, 7 assists and 7 Rebounds for a rookie Pg is impressive. Period. Did Rondo put those numbers up in his first season. Did he? Back up your criticism’s with stats and facts. Not, an emotional based diatribe. Clearly based on your hatred for the Lakers. Hate to tell you this, but the Lakers will be a playoff team before the Kings. That’s reality, not fiction.
Back to Fox, he has talent and I am sure he takes the leap next year to become more impactful. Right now, I see a young player with plenty of room to grow and possibly be great. He’s not close to that right now.

Sidebar re: Fox's shot selection and areas for improvement. have been monitoring Fox's stats on cleaningtheglass.com (worth the sub price IMO), and a couple of interesting stats pop out:
- he's only taking 1/3 of his shots at the rim, whereas in college this was about 55%
- these shots have been mostly distributed to the mid-range, where Fox takes more shots than 90% of PGs in the league
- the problem: his mid-range shot is not accurate, shooting worse than 88% of PGs in the league from mid-range

These stats indicate he really needs to cut out the mid-range shots, first and foremost. They also emphasize his need to really prioritize adding strength & weight in the offseason (will help him get to the rim and finish) on top of working on his jumper.

His assist rate is still lacking (bottom 3rd passer) as are his turnovers. His rebounding is surprisingly poor (again, bottom 3rd) given his athleticism and motor. However, I think a lot of this comes back to his length of strength and weight.

Therefore, if I were in charge of Fox's offseason plan, I'd really prioritize strength training and diet on top of everything else (shooting, watching film) as I believe it'll really open doors for him next season and help him address key weaknesses in his game.

Chill with the Lonzo bull crap dude has Lopez at center he has no choice but to grab rebounds. Dude shooting splits are 36/31/47 and this is after going on a hot streak and teams leaving him wide open.

Lol at him seeing the floor like Rondo, absolute disrespect
Star and Lonzo **** outta here
Like Fox doesn't have an opportunity to grab rebounds with Cauley-Stein anchoring the paint :rolleyes:

1521579648988.png
*Per 100 Poss

Scoring & shooting efficiency are the only two areas that Fox is beating Lonzo at this year. That's it. Even despite Lonzo's shooting efficiency, he still is posting a positive RPM & On/Off. In fact, his RPM is...
  • 21st out of 102 PGs
  • 95th out of 505 players
...whereas Fox's RPM is...
  • 100th out of 102 PGs
  • 493rd out of 505 players
That's god awful! Fox is flat out not contributing to wins right now. However, Ball is able to overcome his shooting deficiencies and be a net positive for his team. It just goes to show how homerism (and probably an anti-laker bias) can take over when talking about these two.