Dallas 104 Spurs 68!

I've said this before...without Duncan at home they have the confidence to beat any team with their home crowd backing them...on the road not a chance in hell...unless its just an awful awful team...though the Knicks did go into SBC a few weeks ago and beat the Spurs....but im taking that as a rarity...

I knew Dallas was gonna pimp slap them...and boy did they ever...thats humilating for anyone really but for the almighty Spurs (even without Duncan) people aren't gonna stop talking about this...especially Mavs fans...i can almost hear them now "bring on the Spurs in the POs we can beat them even with Duncan!" Oh silly silly people...

This game was probably unbearable for Spurs fans to watch, but I'll bet it earned Tim Duncan more than a few MVP votes since this year seems to be all about how well (or poorly) teams are playing without their MVP candidate.

especially Mavs fans...i can almost hear them now "bring on the Spurs in the POs we can beat them even with Duncan!" Oh silly silly people...
Because we can. David Robinson and Malik Rose have been downgraded to Rasho Nesterovic and Sean Marks whereas Raef LaFrentz and Eduardo Najera have been upgradde to Erick Dampier and Keefus.

Bottom line, the West is wide open. Every single team in the West, with the exeption of Seattle and Memphis(IMO), can brag about thier chances. We have had tons of injuries this year, lost Nash for nothing, and have had two coaches and yet here we are at 51-24 compared to 52-30 last year.

Dang rgiht I think we can beat them. I think we can win the NBA Title, we just have to start in Round 1 because there isn't an easy round for anyone in the West.

miles berg said:
Because we can. David Robinson and Malik Rose have been downgraded to Rasho Nesterovic and Sean Marks whereas Raef LaFrentz and Eduardo Najera have been upgradde to Erick Dampier and Keefus.
While at the same time, they've upgraded their backcourt and the Mavs have downgraded their backcourt.

miles berg said:

Bottom line, the West is wide open. Every single team in the West, with the exeption of Seattle and Memphis(IMO), can brag about thier chances. We have had tons of injuries this year, lost Nash for nothing, and have had two coaches and yet here we are at 51-24 compared to 52-30 last year.

Dang rgiht I think we can beat them. I think we can win the NBA Title, we just have to start in Round 1 because there isn't an easy round for anyone in the West.
Don't forget the fact that the Spurs had beaten the Mavericks 3 times earlier this year, but only because the Mavs were missing one if not TWO starters in each of those games. The Mavs CAN hang with the Spurs b/c of Avery and the D that they are playing now.

Also, with such a wide margin of victory, think them having TD would've made a difference? I don't know there was just something about the intensity level of the Mavs on defense that really amazed me.

SIR HENRY 8 said:
104-68 OMG :eek:, and i thought we had some bad losses,how embarassing.

they better hope Duncan does't go down in the POs
what's the status on duncan's return? if the playoffs were to start today, the spurs (2) would play the nuggets (7). if that matchup holds up, and duncan misses any part of the first round, denver could conceivably slide right by the spurs. the nuggets are arguably playing the best basketball in the nba right now (@ 18-2 in their last 20, i believe). even if duncan plays, it aint like denver's gonna be any kindof pushover.

WOW. That's gotta sting...can't say I'm shedding any tears for SA...the earlier they're out, the less I'll fall asleep during the playoffs. Bo-ring!!!

Wonder how Barkley will justify it.

He'll probably just scream GINOBILIIIIIIIII!!!! at someone from a window then snuggle up with a Krispy Kreme. (R)

It's almost like it's christmas time in the NBA.LOL 3 of the toughest teams are missing star players and their teams are being pulverized(sp). No Duncan, no Shaq, No Lewis....some lucky teams schedule just lot more cushy.

Padrino said:
what's the status on duncan's return?
He was put on Injured list March 21,and expected to miss 2-4 weeks.Can't find any updates,but would think he'd be ready for PO unless his injury is worse than they thought.

Padrino said:
what's the status on duncan's return? if the playoffs were to start today, the spurs (2) would play the nuggets (7). if that matchup holds up, and duncan misses any part of the first round, denver could conceivably slide right by the spurs. the nuggets are arguably playing the best basketball in the nba right now (@ 18-2 in their last 20, i believe). even if duncan plays, it aint like denver's gonna be any kindof pushover.
He's already practicing and doing light drills. I'm pretty sure he'll play come play-offs.