Cover Draft Round 3 Tiebreaker - High Fidelity Top Five Style

Whose top 5 list of cover songs do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This poll will close in 72 hours
Tuesday 11/18 at 1:02 PM PST

Everyone can vote for these playoff match-ups (even if you didn't participate in the draft). Don't be shy!

Feel free to back-up your rationale here.

Last edited:
Very tough call. As a tie breaker, I decided to make judgement of the multiple covers (I will survive, little wing, baby I'm gonna leave you, when the levee breaks, heard it through the grapevine, piece of my heart). Why covers rather than originals, I thought? For Little Wing, I prefer the original, but Stevie's version is great. For I Will Survive, I def prefer the original. For all the deliberation, it wasn't enough to make the decision. In the the end, it was Capt Factorial's inclusion of Sonic Youth at #2 that swayed my vote.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Why covers rather than originals, I thought?
I'm really tempted not to say anything since you voted for my list, but this was a "Covers Draft" - all songs in the draft had to be covers.

I do compliment your taste on Sonic Youth's Superstar - that's one of my favorite songs.

Both should lose for only picking covers.

o_O

Tied up, I haven't voted. Hmmm. I don't want to be the tiebreaker since I await the winner.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Both should lose for only picking covers.

o_O

Tied up, I haven't voted. Hmmm. I don't want to be the tiebreaker since I await the winner.
Moral dilemma? Do you vote the list you think you can beat or the list you think is the best of the two? That's why the poll is set up to not show current tally until you've voted (unless you click on view results). ;)

Moral dilemma? Do you vote the list you think you can beat or the list you think is the best of the two? That's why the poll is set up to not show current tally until you've voted (unless you click on view results). ;)
I think I caused the tie last time. I didn't look at the results that time.

I lean toward captain based on this list. I think that puts it back in a tie. Sorry. I love rock and roll isn't a strong song to me. Very simple. And that's basically the only bad thing I can say about either list, and even then, still a super solid choice.