Aspiring Cartoonist; needs your input!

I draw a lot of cartoon for fun (humor cartoons, nothing artistically genius or anything, just jokes and puns) and recently, I have been being hassled to start a cartoon site or something similar by my family. Any one know a good place to set up a cartoonist's website for free? A place or sites that are smart places to put up a profile? Where does one get started?

Thanks for the input!!

Unless you want to put in the time and the effort, you really will not be able to truly set up a "free" website, as most "website" companies out there charge a fee for hosting. For the ones that do not charge, you will be extremely limited in terms of how big your site can be (in terms of file size, number of pages, etc.)

The only "free" way to do it is by creating the site on your own using notepad or a free website builder (there are a few good ones out there), and then finding out from your ISP if they offer web hosting with your service (some usually allow a certain amount of web hosting space under your own personal domain). However, that would not technically be "free" as you would be paying for that service through your ISP......

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I draw a lot of cartoon for fun (humor cartoons, nothing artistically genius or anything, just jokes and puns) and recently, I have been being hassled to start a cartoon site or something similar by my family. Any one know a good place to set up a cartoonist's website for free? A place or sites that are smart places to put up a profile? Where does one get started?

Thanks for the input!!
Make it a blog. Do it with wordpress or blogspot. both are awesome are really easy to use. you can get a free url at blogspot that is xxxxx.blogspot.com, or you can change it to whatever you want for like ten bucks a year. The format for design and set up is super easy, tons of options, drag and drop, any one can do it, and a visually sophisticated person can make a pretty pro looking thing. Including having tabs, not just a single page. Seems weird to call it a blog at that point, but yeah.

Let us know when it's ready!

edit: hmm, looks like blogspot has changed to blogger.com, here's what I made there:
http://jeredthehealthfreak.blogspot.com/
(haven't done much with it lately, so those embedded videos aren't working, but embedding youtube vids is super easy... both are google products actually)

Last edited: