anybody into cult movies?

like El Topo or the Holy Mountain? anything Jodorowsky..he's got a movie out 'The Sons of El Topo' extremely rare, not even released i think,anybody have any info on this??

most of his movies have mysteriously "disappeared", due to his powerful direction and govt. portrayal in 3rd world countries....

holla

NO WAY!

You did NOT say EL TOPO. The most painful thing I ever watched in my life (and I love strange/unorthodox films). Jodorowsky is a sick bastard on a lot of heavy drugs. Just to give an average movie viewer a kind of thing they can expect: a little naked boy fighting against a cripple which is really composed of two cripples, one without arms and one without legs hanging on top of the one without legs... some rabbits exploding, women whipping each other, etc etc.

One of my friends actually tried making me watch another one of his 'movies' and we turned it off after about 5 minutes ...

I can see where u'r coming from, but if u can get past the weirdness at first, its really like a zen western, really an eastern....
check his other films,,,drug induced=yes, but theres so much to take from it

peace anyway

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Two things - first, I'm moving this to the Lounge.

Second, please remember the tone of this board. Let's not get too graphic, okay?

Actually that one friend told me that one of his movies was 'normal', probably meaning that you can actually make some sense out of it. I think it was Holy Mountain he was talking about. But I don't know if I can ever trust a guy who put El Topo together...