Any News on Kenny Thomas ?

Gary

All-Star
He got an elbow to his eye. No fracture, but he did not come back because he was sensitive to the light. (don't know if they they treated it causing the light sensitivity).

I assume he will play against the Lakers. Probally wearing a protective mask, and might have a black eye?

So Adelman understandably was breathing easier after the game. By that time, he'd found out that Kenny Thomas had not suffered any serious damage despite being knocked out of the game in the first quarter by an elbow to the right eye by Portland center Joel Przybilla. Thomas is expected to be available for Sunday's home game against the Los Angeles Lakers.
from the sacbee

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
That is great news. Considering our penchant for injuries, I was worried that Kenny had broken the orb around the eye.....or something equally painful and debillitating. :eek:

P

PejaFor3

good *crosses fingers* we have to stay injury free and get the guys we have back to have a chance this year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th said:
That is great news. Considering our penchant for injuries, I was worried that Kenny had broken the orb around the eye.....or something equally painful and debillitating. :eek:
Your thoughts were much less panicked than mine.

I was totally and completely convinced they would soon be scouring the floor, looking for Kenny's eyeball which had most likely rolled under the photographers like a large shooter marble.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
VF21 said:

I was totally and completely convinced they would soon be scouring the floor, looking for Kenny's eyeball which had most likely rolled under the photographers like a large shooter marble.

Yuck!!!! VF21, that is totally disgusting and funny (in hindsight).:eek: :D

Maybe Kenny will channel the spirits of Kareem and Ho-Grant for the Lakers games and go with the goggles.

This is an interesting read. It seems that basketball causes more eye injuries in adults than any other sport.

This link goes over some more medical information, but includes pictures... you've been warned!!! Remind me never to go fly fishing!

Those of you who were at the last Kingsfans-Kingstalk basketball game will recall that I wear goggles when playing... I got tired of getting my glasses knocked off but it seems like a smart thing to do as well.
~~

I would absolutely DIE if Kenny Thomas came out in the Lakers game with goggles...LMAO or even those glasses that Bo Outlaw wears still..obviously I know its for their bad vision...but still if he were to wear them for precautionary reasons I think I would just explode with laughter

iheartBrad said:
I would absolutely DIE if Kenny Thomas came out in the Lakers game with goggles...LMAO or even those glasses that Bo Outlaw wears still..obviously I know its for their bad vision...but still if he were to wear them for precautionary reasons I think I would just explode with laughter
LMAO, omg that would be soo funny :D

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
VF21 said:
Am I missing something?

Sorry, but I don't see the humor...
Sometimes, my friend, you show your age. :p Okay, I was never like that as a teen (or young adult) either. The humor for me is in the reaction, not the event itself.

A

AriesMar27

iheartBrad said:
haaaa.... that would be so funny though.... i could just see him in the halftime interview with that softarse voice of his, "these goggles are kinda fly, yeah we njust need to play hard and defend better"

i'm so going to record that game..... watch bill walton make fun of kenny's fashionable eye wear....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why is it funny if someone has to wear goggles because of an eye injury? Do people also roll on the floor in hysterics over people in casts because of broken legs?

iheartBrad said:
haha 4reals cuz apparently he's fine so therefore it's ok to laugh n point if he came out sportin goggles lol =)

I know his eye is fine and I know he's not most likely not gonna come out with goggles on my response to the google was after Alacron pointed out the whole goggles look...its not exactly a look that most people in the NBA are sporting now a days...so I exaggerated a bit and said I would explode with laughter (I obviously wouldn't) so sue me

VF21 said:
Yeah, pointing and laughing at people is so mature.

Sorry...i'm outta this.
i was joking. sometimes you gotta be a little lighthearted about things. i def. don't want to see Kenny hurt, and all reports say he's fine and will play, nothing wrong with a little chuckle at the imaginary image of him wearing dorky goggles

VF21 said:

ROFLMAO

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:

Seems as if some one has watched just a few too many Quintan Tarintino films!