2010 Kingsfans Avis NBA League - draft Saturday, Oct 23 - 10 a.m. PDT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And here it is, the second NBA league I run each year. As always, returning managers have first refusal. Invitations have already been sent out to those who competed last year. If I do not hear back within two weeks - by Oct. 6 - I will be looking for replacement managers to ensure that we have a full league. If you did not participate last year, but would like to be put on the waiting list - first come, first serve - please sign up below.

League ID#: 33573
League Name: Kingsfans Avis League
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/kingsfansavisleague
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sat Oct 23 10:00am PDT
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: March 3, 2011
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 10 days from Apr 4 to Apr 13
Divisions: No
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Offensive Rebounds (OREB), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO), Personal Fouls (PF)

They haven't updated the rules yet, but it is so. I have 8 teams on my current yahoo ID (the one I'm using on Bigdogs) plus 8 on my other ID and thinking about using one more ID for roto teams that I can just draft and leave alone for months on end. Go ahead, try to add one more team after you got your initial four...

dang, this stuff is like heroin :-D

They haven't updated the rules yet, but it is so. I have 8 teams on my current yahoo ID (the one I'm using on Bigdogs) plus 8 on my other ID and thinking about using one more ID for roto teams that I can just draft and leave alone for months on end. Go ahead, try to add one more team after you got your initial four...

dang, this stuff is like heroin :-D
Did you just say that you're thinking about having 24 fantasy basketball teams this year? Wow! (So why not join the kingsfans daily/auction league? :))

I decided to delete my team as I saw there were nine teams making it uneven.
Really? In my opinion you should never delete your team without getting the commish's ok (except maybe if it's an hour and five minutes before the draft) just because there are an odd number of teams. Maybe VF found a tenth player who hasn't signed up yet? It's a nice gesture, I just hope it doesn't cause problems like they had in the other league.

Really? In my opinion you should never delete your team without getting the commish's ok (except maybe if it's an hour and five minutes before the draft) just because there are an odd number of teams. Maybe VF found a tenth player who hasn't signed up yet? It's a nice gesture, I just hope it doesn't cause problems like they had in the other league.
If that truly is the case and you guys need one more, I will join back.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I decided to delete my team as I saw there were nine teams making it uneven.
You NEVER delete a team without checking with the commissioner. EVER. I did have another person willing to join, and we would have had 10 teams instead of 8.

If you must quit a league for any reason, the only way to do it without potentially creating BIG problems is to send an email to the commissioner to let them know...and in enough time so they can find a substitute. It's actually better to carry an inactive manager than to have the whole league not be able to draft because of uneven numbers.

You NEVER delete a team without checking with the commissioner. EVER. I did have another person willing to join, and we would have had 10 teams instead of 8.

If you must quit a league for any reason, the only way to do it without potentially creating BIG problems is to send an email to the commissioner to let them know...and in enough time so they can find a substitute. It's actually better to carry an inactive manager than to have the whole league not be able to draft because of uneven numbers.
I apologize then. I acted too quickly.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Apology accepted. And I apologize if I came off way too harshly. It was just very frustrating to find people dropping out at the last minute. You're welcome back next year, if you so desire. :)