The Wrestling Thread~

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Of all the things I watch wrasslin' for ring announcers are not something I remotely care about. I usually have a moment or two when there's a new one where I need to get used to it, but to be honest the higher profile they are I like them less. (Michael Buffer I am looking at you)

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Samantha Irvin announced that she was leaving WWE, and Lilian Garcia was announced as the new RAW ring announcer the same night, and now I'm wondering which happened first?

I believe she came out this morning saying she gave notice to WWE quite some time ago.
Probably wouldn't have been necessary, but dirt sheets were stirring up drama. I don't get it. It feels like they are trying to make this a bigger story than it is. As long as WWE doesn't fumble the permanent hire the next ring announcer will probably feel like they've been around forever after a year or two.

Also sounds like she's going full time into her singing career, if true, good for her (but good luck because holy hell that industry spits you up worse than wrestling).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Probably wouldn't have been necessary, but dirt sheets were stirring up drama. I don't get it. It feels like they are trying to make this a bigger story than it is.
I'll take your word for it. I don't read the dirtsheets; I don't even follow accounts that repost from the dirtsheets on social media. I came up with that conspiracy all on my own.

As long as WWE doesn't fumble the permanent hire the next ring announcer will probably feel like they've been around forever after a year or two.
Why wouldn't they promote from within? Isn't that the point of NXT?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'll take your word for it. I don't read the dirtsheets; I don't even follow accounts that repost from the dirtsheets on social media. I came up with that conspiracy all on my own.

That’s what they did for Alicia Taylor (though that move also involved her switching shows with Mike Rome instead of out-and-out replacing him).

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

I don't either but was all over wreddit which I see in my feeds when I log into that place.

I guess I was assuming that they brought Lillian in to fill the gap the departure created temporarily, they had 3 ring announcers, now 2, unless Lillian is a full time replacement.