[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (Training Camp/Preseason)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

I still don't get why Dave, of all people is pushing this narrative.

Of course, Fox wants this team to be great and be on the upswing. Duh. But he's not signing the extension because with a huge year, he'd be eligible for richest contract in the NBA (i believe?).

Let's just say that even if we have a bad team year, Fox makes the all-nba; he's not turning down that contract. No matter what he may feel about the direction of the organization.
After looking at it, Fox making an All NBA team isn't too unlikely as it is. He'd be a fool not to go for it. The question is whether or not any team would actually be willing to offer him a 60 million+ a year contract? Or even if they could.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
After looking at it, Fox making an All NBA team isn't too unlikely as it is. He'd be a fool not to go for it. The question is whether or not any team would actually be willing to offer him a 60 million+ a year contract? Or even if they could.
It feels like the league is going to have to renegotiate the tax apron rules soon because we’re pretty much already at the point where every single team is going to be hard capped and incapable of doing anything next summer.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It feels like the league is going to have to renegotiate the tax apron rules soon because we’re pretty much already at the point where every single team is going to be hard capped and incapable of doing anything next summer.
Recall that the apron applies one year at a time - we are hard capped at the first apron this year because of the DDR S&T, but that restriction will lift next year. Of course, if we engage in another transaction that triggers the first or second apron next year then we will hard-cap again...

Nobody is offering Fox that contract but the Kings. He isn't Donovan Mitchell. Never has been. Kings fans might love him the same way but Donovan has been better, bottom line. Fox might be "looking up" at Bam and Tatum but I'm sorry fam, Tatum is better and Bam ended up with a model franchise.

Keon Ellis is looking at that like okay I just need another year of the same play under my belt.
Haha, no way is the role there for him in Sac to show out like he'd have to. Suggs is getting paid based on team success and draft position although he's still got major potential. Now we see if the Magic might have jumped the gun paying to solidify their team already. Keon's agent better be looking at players like KCP as his top comp. If a team sees that as fair though it could be very hard for the Kings to hold onto him at some point.

X
This could get awkward if Denver nosedives down the standings due to injury trouble or veteran regression. But I suppose they have that in common with most NBA teams right now.
yeah, teams are in sort of a real awkward spot right now. They pretty much have to keep their core intact since there's no chance of replacing an Aaron Gordon or being able to spend that money on a replacement talent. So it's lose Gordon for nothing or pay him

yikes for a guy who hasn't proven much this is a steal for the Johnson family and his agent is doing serious work
Atlanta fans absolutely love him and think the contract is a steal for the Hawks. 22-year-old who put up 16pts 8.7rebs 3.6asts 1.2tls and 1.8tos on 51.1/35.5/72.8.

The playmaking stands out. It'll be interesting to see what type of extension we'll offer Keegan next year. If he doesn't progress his game, I wonder if we'll get a "discount" rate for being just a 3&D wing? Discount meaning less than the max, but around 25-29mpy? Will also be interesting to see where his 3ball is. Not sure how much he can ride on his rookie year reputation

Haha, no way is the role there for him in Sac to show out like he'd have to. Suggs is getting paid based on team success and draft position although he's still got major potential. Now we see if the Magic might have jumped the gun paying to solidify their team already. Keon's agent better be looking at players like KCP as his top comp. If a team sees that as fair though it could be very hard for the Kings to hold onto him at some point.
It was mostly tongue in cheek but their numbers are pretty similar last year, although Suggs played more minutes.

Somehow Wiggins, Kuminga, and Podz wasn't enough to get both George and Markkanen, who knew?
I think you could make the argument that they had enough assets (Kuminga and Wiggins would have been a nice haul for George given the Clippers instead got nothing) and Podz, Moody, 2 firsts, 2 pick swaps and 4 seconds would have been a decent haul for Utah given they allegedly coveted Podz but I don’t know how they would have made the money work. Plus the Clips would have likely wanted to unload Wiggins to stay below the apron and that might have required attaching assets.

Hmm. Don't love this and I'm probably the biggest believer in Huerter on the forum. I think Keon probably still gets 25+ MPG, but he loses that first quarter and 3rd quarter rotation vs starting guards, which is a big part of his value. And I would have loved to see Huerter be a bigger volume player as the 7th man where he can get more shots and be more of a focal point of the offense.