Keon Ellis

Love Ellis and he deserves all the praise he is getting. He knows what he’s good at, doesn’t try to be anything more than what we need him to be. Hit a few shots and be a pest on the other end. It’s high time we started this man. Love me some Red Velvet too, but we need what Ellis brings to the starting lineup more than what Huerter provides. I do think Huerter’s time here is probably nearing an end, but if we don’t trade him, him and Monk would make for a super potent duo off the bench.

I think the beauty of having such a good defensive player in ellis is that it will unlock murray's offensive game. He'll no longer have to chase curry's of the world around the whole game. It can be tiring to guard the other teams best player and try to be productive offensively at the same time.

I think the beauty of having such a good defensive player in ellis is that it will unlock murray's offensive game. He'll no longer have to chase curry's of the world around the whole game. It can be tiring to guard the other teams best player and try to be productive offensively at the same time.
I agree. As good as MJ was defensively, the Bulls usually put Pippen on the best offensive player (MJ taking the second best) for the first 3 quarters. MJ would then switch onto them in the fourth quarter. Before someone says it, I'm not comparing Keegan to MJ, just the situation.

Not only that it is contagious, the rest upped their defense as well.
I was mad when the trade deadline had passed, thought we had no chance in the playoffs. Now I feel pretty good about it.

He is basically our version of Thybulle or Caruso, but with a higher ceiling. And we didn't have to trade a bunch of assets in the offseason or the deadline to get him. It is ALMOST like our front office knows what it is doing...
And the great thing about Ellis is like Caruso, he can handle secondary ball handling duties. I'm sure teams will eventually figure out the Fox, Monk, and Ellis trio but Brown finally found that Warriors style 3 guard lineup he's been looking for.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Who was the other guy?
I have to think that the last random no name undrafted dude we brought in who had a full blow rotation role level NBA career was Mo Evans.
Wes Matthews and Gabe Vincent almost count but both dudes unfortunately went on to be gritty role players for other franchises after strong showings in summer league/the G-League.

I'm so glad Keon can shoot.

If he was just like those other guys they've tried over the years, it'd just be trading 3/noD for D/no3 again which doesn't really solve their problems.
Keon on paper was always the ideal fit for someone like Fox. He can handle, he can shoot, he can D up. If both Fox and Keon weren't stronger than they look it could be a problem weight wise but when they pester the ball handler they nullify it fairly easily.

I have to think that the last random no name undrafted dude we brought in who had a full blow rotation role level NBA career was Mo Evans.
Wes Matthews and Gabe Vincent almost count but both dudes unfortunately went on to be gritty role players for other franchises after strong showings in summer league/the G-League.
Wow I all but forgot about bro.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So glad Monte traded away our second round pick in 2022 for cash considerations, which we then used to sign Keon.
The picks we acquired along with that cash went on to become Chris Duarte, who's been a solidly consistent rotation wing player now, and Colby Jones (dude primed to be next season's Keon Ellis). Maybe this Monte guy knows what he's doing.