2024 NBA All-Star Weekend

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The Slam Dunk contestants, no idea if Jacob Toppin can jump as high as his brother, I think Monk could have been selected, probably McClung will win this again but I certainly won't be watching.

Interesting that McClung, with a grand total of 65 minutes in the NBA (and none this season), would be chosen for the dunk contest. And yes, I know about his dunking.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Here Are the Full NBA All-Star Celebrity Game Rosters (msn.com)

Team Shannon
Micah Parsons
Quincy Isaiah
Conor Daly
Jewell Loyd
Kai Cenat
Dylan Wang
Lilly Singh
SiR
Walker Hayes
Anuel AA

Team Stephen A
Jennifer Hudson
Tristan Jass
Metta World Peace
AJ McLean
Kwame Onwuachi
Natasha Cloud
Adam Blackstone
CJ Stroud
Gianmarco Tamberi

I recognize the names of four of those people. And one of them played in the NBA, and two of them play in the WNBA.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Not a single one of those names in a single one of those events moves the needle for me (aside from Nattie Cloud in the Celebrity game), but I'll be god damned if I won't be watching all of it, anyway.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I usually like the dunk contest, depending on the contestants but I'm going to just skip that too, not enough enticement. Need to get Edwards in it next year

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I wish I could find a website that where an actual box score for this celebrity game was being updated, because I'm having trouble distinguishing between anybody not named Cloud and Loyd.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I can sort of see Stephen A. leaving Cloud out of this, since she's not a scorer, but Shannon leaving Jewell Loyd out of the On Fire challenge is objectively stupid. She's the best shooter they've got, by a lot.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The deception with tact, just what are you trying to say?
You've got a blank face, which irritates
Communicate, pull out your party piece
You see dimensions in two
State your case with black or white
But when one little cross leads to shots, grit your teeth
You run for cover so discreet, why don't they
Do what they say, say what you mean, and baby
One thing leads to another

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Reggie and Kenny over here talmbout, "I would just take all sixes!" What's the point of having a "skills" competition where you can game the system by just making the most valuable pass, to the exclusion of all others? That's not skill, that's just math.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Kenny may sound like a hater, but he's right: the only reason why the three-point contest seems like a bigger deal than the dunk contest right now is because the stars stopped competing in the dunk contest, and started competing in the three-point contest and, even then, the fans don't get charged up for a three-point contest the same way that they do for the dunks. A bunch of nobodies doing incredible dunks will still get a bigger pop from the crowd that the biggest stars jacking up a bunch of threes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
My level of cognitive dissonance in this event is overwhelming. On the one hand, I can't bring myself to root for Big Sawfty. On the other hand, I've had enough of Haliburton for the evening, and one of them had to advance.