Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'd be very very in on Okoro.

Was a huge fan of him coming out of school (but I have a real soft spot for his archetype) and think developed into a pretty solid 3&D wing that can flex all the way down to the 4 because of his strength. Really is the perfect sort of guy to add to this core. And still just 23, so maybe can unlock a bit more of his game.

CLE defense is 2.9 points better with him on the floor this year. With a near even minutes split, which is pretty damn impressive considering the defensive talent on that squad. (2.9 points worse on O, but who's counting?).
Okoro is definitely interesting. I would be a bit concerned about trying to give him too much time as a 4 with his size, but he hits the corner three and is a defensive stud. The other question, of course, is how much money he's looking for in the offseason. We would have him as an RFA, but can we afford to keep him?

Demar is tempting because he gets to the line A LOT and makes them at a high rate.

I’d really love him off the bench though for fit reasons. But he would fill a couple glaring needs of getting to the line, making them, and another guy who can get his own shot.

Fontecchio is a more "athletic" version of Sasha but he lacks in rebounding skills and I think coming from the bench for 12-15 minutes won't do the job for him along with the second unit. As a starter in Utah he has the chance to find open looks next to Lauri but last season as 9th 10th option he was barely any productive at all. Like Sasha he comes from Europe where he was a leader (he still is in his national team, had an amazing World Cup and Eurobasket before that) but when playing limited minutes he can't contribute that much. I think he will end up (getting more money as well) in one of the teams that will have him as a starter (Pistons, Wizards, Hornets especially if several players will depart from those teams).

Btw this Utah method of having one star playing 35+ minutes (Lauri) and 9 other players having 22+ in almost every match, seems to have turned things around for them after a rough start in the season. It's like they have 2 equal lineups with the ones coming from the bench sometimes playing even more time. Plus they've got 2 great rookies that barely had the chance to get some playing time this season.
And to Pistons he ended up indeed , for a second round pick only.

Great pick up for the Pistons, don’t like it for the Jazz. It’s basically a first round pick but in a weak draft.

They got Kevin Knox too finally, but yeah I thought he wouldn't be traded, just leave the team in the offseason getting bigger offers. I think Utah will try to get someone in his place unless they will start using one of their rookies in their rotation.

Last edited:
This really helps the pistons this year. Another adult in the room with all the young guys. They allegedly want Tobias. Fontecchio, Harris and Bojan on the wings between Cade and Duren seems decent.

The mystery team that has offered a first for Bruce Brown can only be the Knicks, Sixers or Thunder right? Don’t think any other competitors have a loose first laying around.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I only get on twitter during trade season and during the days leading up to a presidential election. What a cesspool that place is!
Yeah, I bailed for good (deleted the app) a number of months ago. I follow folks on Threads instead, and if something "NBA-critical" happens it will be posted here as well. :)

Unfortunately, KF can't natively handle Threads posts like Twitter so I use screenshots instead, but the picture size limit for uploading sometimes plays havoc with that.

Demar is tempting because he gets to the line A LOT and makes them at a high rate.

I’d really love him off the bench though for fit reasons. But he would fill a couple glaring needs of getting to the line, making them, and another guy who can get his own shot.
He can also get you buckets in the mid-range when the 3s aren't falling.