2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
1. Holmes
2. Len
3. Thompson
4. Queta
5. Bagley
*6. Metu
*7. Jones

Granted #5 is worthless, and 6-7 are unguaranteed, but half the roster are bigs.
Yep the other half are under 6’5” guards. While the rest of the league chases 6’ 8” plus skilled wings Monte is playing 3D checkers and saying screw that.

BTW if Metu’s shot and handle keep improving here is to hoping he can play more as a wing.

We just need more for Delon than TT, especially with how our roster has shaped up. You could live with the trade if Holmes wasn't coming back. He did so just taking on the worst player in the trade at a position we're already stacked at doesn't make sense anymore.
If Delon could shoot 40% from 3 again we are going to miss that in a big way. I’m trying to figure out how a team stocked with bigs who can’t stretch and guards who want to penetrate can actually score.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yep the other half are under 6’5” guards. While the rest of the league chases 6’ 8” plus skilled wings Monte is playing 3D checkers and saying screw that.

BTW if Metu’s shot and handle keep improving here is to hoping he can play more as a wing.
If this free agency period is any indication, the rest of the league is also chasing guards and big dudes.

There surprisingly hasn't been too strong a rush to sign wings thus far.

I'm not a huge Oubre fan, but positionally, he makes too much sense. Still just 25, so can fit the age curve long-term and play interchangeably with Barnes as the 3/4

Sorry, but i just don’t see any possibilities of Metu becoming a wing. Would love to be proven wrong. Think Bags has more handles than Metu.

I'm not a huge Oubre fan, but positionally, he makes too much sense. Still just 25, so can fit the age curve long-term and play interchangeably with Barnes as the 3/4
Age and position? Yes. Heart and motor? Dude has been on three teams already. Not a matter of talent. If he’s a King, hoping dude grows up real quick.

Buddy is under contract, declining for 3 more years....Oubre would probably want a 4 year contract. Would be nice if we could get a team option on year 4 if McNair wants to go that direction. If it works out that would be huge.

Should we gamble?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Buddy is under contract, declining for 3 more years....Oubre would probably want a 4 year contract. Would be nice if we could get a team option on year 4 if McNair wants to go that direction. If it works out that would be huge.

Should we gamble?
Finding a replacement for Buddy who will shoot less but hopefully somewhere near 40% from distance should be a priority -- but I don't think Oubre is that. He's a 32% career shooter from 3pt range and not a particularly stout defender either. He's just a name to fill out the roster. I don't see any reason to overpay when there are plenty of bargain basement reclamation projections available who at the very least offer the potential for more upside than 32% shooting and mediocre defense.

I haven't been following the FA news closely so I don't know who was signed recently, but what about a guy like Frank Ntilikina? He's always been a plus defender and has the same career 3pt % as Oubre but with hope for improvement given his age and relative lack of opportunities so far. He should also be available in minimum contract range.

you are continually dishonest in your analysis to try to paint Monte as some inept hack. You ignore Barnes, Harkless and Woodard. They are all wings. He drafted one of them (Woodard), traded for and resigned another (Harkless) and refused to trade the other (Barnes) at the deadline because he values the position (despite you begging for him to trade barnes). He has also publicly acknowledged that the roster is unbalanced, and most rumors have us shipping out buddy for a wing. Most also expect him to sign another wing. Just because he didn’t draft Moody doesn’t mean he doesn’t value the position.

I would start calling out all of your BS stuff that you just make up, facts be dammed, but that would be a full time job.

Should we gamble?
Looks like Oubre wanted more than what he was offerred so I think he looks for a short contract like 2yr w/player option to try again next offseason.

you are continually dishonest in your analysis to try to paint Monte as some inept hack. You ignore Barnes, Harkless and Woodard. They are all wings. He drafted one of them (Woodard), traded for and resigned another (Harkless) and refused to trade the other (Barnes) at the deadline because he values the position (despite you begging for him to trade barnes). He has also publicly acknowledged that the roster is unbalanced, and most rumors have us shipping out buddy for a wing. Most also expect him to sign another wing. Just because he didn’t draft Moody doesn’t mean he doesn’t value the position.

I would start calling out all of your BS stuff that you just make up, facts be dammed, but that would be a full time job.
Barnes - yes
Harkless. - old and couldn’t get off the bench in Miami
Woodard- has yes to prove he can shoot in the G League.

thanks for making my point for me! Currently we are relying on Harkless and Woodard as our wing depth. Couldn’t have illustrated my point more succinctly

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Nobody giving Oubre more than MLE and he's unrestricted so a S&T would be dumb, if Warriors want our candy they pay with a real player or prospect.

Lauri I am not surprised.

It is crazy that Harkless is only 28 and TT is only 29 I believe. Edit: he 30 but still younger than I thought.

I’m just not buying into Woodard, he doesn’t seem to have it IMO but hopefully I’m wrong. There are some guys out there yet!