2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Laurie is getting more than the rookie scale. 7 footers that can shoot will get paid. He is a risk but fits well with Richaun and Holmes. He can guard the weakest forward and play center field.
He's an Arizona guy that I watched a lot of and know well. He's not going to guard anyone. Which is why he won't be coming to Sac. We'll see what he makes, I don't think 7 footers are special unless they defend.

But Woodard played a position that they were underwhelming at all year and wasn't really that raw in the end. No team is playing 3 centers let alone 4. Holmes, Thompson, Len, Queta. Knowing Walton that is either a lot of injuries away or a 50 point buttkicking at least before he hits the floor, haha.
I agree that by the end of the season Woodard looked good.

Woodard impressed me in some of the Gleague games. He took over games and has the tools for a talented two-way player. That said, last year had no summer league, hardly a training camp/preseason, etc. If he had those he might have seen some more game time. Situation was much different. Remember them having to test frequently, could not just go to the gym whenever, these type of things/deterrents.

Barnes, harkless, Woodard, buddy ( to a degree ) are all wings, yes we need at least one more but let’s not pretend we have none haha
Barnes is so obviously better at PF. Plus with so many guards he has to play there for there not to be minutes crunches somewhere. Every year the Kings brass just see the shiny objects but don't actually work out the minutes.

I guess one good thing so far is that the SF position battle between Mitchell and Harkless might actually be in Davions favor at this point lol.

I agree that by the end of the season Woodard looked good.

Woodard impressed me in some of the Gleague games. He took over games and has the tools for a talented two-way player. That said, last year had no summer league, hardly a training camp/preseason, etc. If he had those he might have seen some more game time. Situation was much different. Remember them having to test frequently, could not just go to the gym whenever, these type of things/deterrents.
We watched Walton bust out Cojo and the veterans in the bubble when there was literally no reason to play them and every reason to focus on development. He didn't do that. Last year we watched the Jazz pound the Kings by 50+ before he even committed to garbage time. Spade is a spade is a spade is a spade.

How much money will Oubre turn down from us?
I'm sure incentive guy in the FO is already working out the one where if Oubre can get a full on Kid and play eraserhead flattop going it will transfer to a max. Maybe they'll give him full creative control where he can override the coach.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm sure incentive guy in the FO is already working out the one where if Oubre can get a full on Kid and play eraserhead flattop going it will transfer to a max. Maybe they'll give him full creative control where he can override the coach.
I think we get it :rolleyes:
Curious what we've actually missed out on that was also obtainable that would have made you happy though.