2009-10 Kings draft position thread

Unfreakinbelieveable!!! Thank you Washington and Golden State!!!! I would have never thought we'd have sole possession of the 3rd spot. I just hope the ping pong balls fall our way. I love Webber to death but please don't send him out to represent us again :D

If for some reason we do get the #1 pick I vote for John Wall. Tyreke and Wall would make one hell of a duo. If for some reason we stay at the 3 spot we take Cousins no doubt if he is still available.

L

LWP777

Unfreakinbelieveable!!! Thank you Washington and Golden State!!!! I would have never thought we'd have sole possession of the 3rd spot. I just hope the ping pong balls fall our way. I love Webber to death but please don't send him out to represent us again :D

If for some reason we do get the #1 pick I vote for John Wall. Tyreke and Wall would make one hell of a duo. If for some reason we stay at the 3 spot we take Cousins no doubt if he is still available.
You know what, I vote that we send Webber out again. He got us the 4th pick in the draft which turned out to be the best player. If the draft were redone today I believe Evans would go #1.

If we get #1 pick
PG:Wall <--
SG:Evans
SF:Casspi
PF:Landry
C: Thompson

IF we get #2 pick
PG: Evans
SG: Beno
SF: Turner <--
PF: Landry

If we get #3 pick
SF: Casspi
PF: Cousins <--

If we get #4 pick
SF: Casspi (Wesley Johnson)?
PF: Favors <--

Which of these combination looks the best? :cool:

You know what, I vote that we send Webber out again. He got us the 4th pick in the draft which turned out to be the best player. If the draft were redone today I believe Evans would go #1.
You're absolutely right. I never thought of it that way and I honestly do believe if the draft were redone Evans and Griffin would go 1-2 either way. it was a real blessing to get Tyreke at #4. So I retract my last comment.....someone get Webber on the phone and ask him to work his magic one more time!!!!!

If we get #1 pick

IF we get #2 pick

If we get #3 pick

If we get #4 pick

PG) Wall
SG) Evans
SF) Greene
PF) Landry
C) Thompson

athletic as hell and can get up and down better than any team in recent history :)

L

LWP777

If we get #1 pick

IF we get #2 pick

If we get #3 pick

If we get #4 pick

They are all interesting. I'd be happy with 1 or 2 because I think Wall and Turner have the biggest chance of being stars in the NBA.

True that! Look at the bright side.... Webber got us the Rookie of the Year (soon to be) lol ... Thanks
P.S. Thank god we didn't pick the kid from europe.

It's not so simple to just slide reke over to the 2 spot. I think turner an Evans can work fine side by side. Wall not so much. I wouldn't be upset if they tried to make it work though. Cousins can man the middle for us. And I can envision favors taking alley oops from Evans all day long. Don't know much about his outside game though.

PG) Wall
SG) Evans
SF) Greene
PF) Landry
C) Thompson

athletic as hell and can get up and down better than any team in recent history :)
Agreed. On top of that add a FA and make a run at the playoffs next year. It still feels like yesterday when Arco was the loudest area and most intimidating place to play. I am very confident we can get back to that level.

For those who didn't get to watch the GS game - it was really funny.

Devean George fouled out, and Nellie wanted him to stay in, telling the refs that he didn't have any other guys who could play cos they were injured. But since they were in uniform (you need to dress a certain number of players) the refs said that they had to at least see the floor. So he put Chris Hunter in (who was visibly limping), then Hunter fouled. He put Turiaf in, immediately fouled. He put Anthony Morrow in, immediately fouled. Then he got to put George back in.

He then proceeded to clear his entire bench, sending them to the locker room so as to avoid any further problems. The bench was literally empty

It was really quite LOL

Finalized Lotto ODDs

The numbers are looking pretty sweet!

With the 3rd worst record secured:

Odds of #1: 15.6%!!!
Odds of #2: 15.7%!!
Odds of #3: 15.6%!
Odds of #4: 22.6%
Odds of #5: 26.5%
Odds of $6: 4%

Odds of a Top 1-2 pick: 31.3%!!!
Odds of a Top 1-3 pick: 46.9%!!

Odds of a Top 4 pick: 69.5%
Odds of a Top 5 pick: 96%

Last edited:
If we get #1 pick

IF we get #2 pick

If we get #3 pick

If we get #4 pick

Id say the #3 scenario looks the best. Only id slide Thompson back to powerforward and put Cousins at center where he belongs. It wouldnt make any sense to keep Thompson as the center if we draft Cousins.

Do you think Cousins is a better prospect than Greg Ogden (pre-injury)? Not saying if he is or isn't, but think it is a reasonable comparison to make because very similar type players. Ogden way more explosive, and his rookie year pre-injury he struggled to find his way. Couldn't score, always in foul trouble.

mac that sounds like one of the most bizarre things that can ever happen in an NBA game. Wish I could have watched those final minutes :D
yep it was crazy. nellie put in turiaf and told him to foul. but turiaf is such an idiot he intentionally fouled while his team had the ball!! He elbowed a guard on a high pick. What a dumbass!

Do you think Cousins is a better prospect than Greg Ogden (pre-injury)? Not saying if he is or isn't, but think it is a reasonable comparison to make because very similar type players. Ogden way more explosive, and his rookie year pre-injury he struggled to find his way. Couldn't score, always in foul trouble.
Greg Oden? Absolutely not. Oden was hyped to be a once in a decade big man. Whether he get's back to form after two major injuries remains to be seen, but Cousins isn't even close to Oden (pre-injury).

As a prospect, if anyone was better than Oden, you would have heard about them at least 2 years ago, probably closer to 5, and they would be a surefire #1 pick.

Despite all this talk about him being a bust, Oden's PER this season was right there with Dwight Howard.

Greg Oden? Absolutely not. Oden was hyped to be a once in a decade big man. Whether he get's back to form after two major injuries remains to be seen, but Cousins isn't even close to Oden (pre-injury).
I agree, the only edge I can give Cousins is probably better hands, and longer wing span. But nowhere near the athlete. I make the comparison because Kings fans thinking Cousins can be drafted and immediately be an impact player may be unrealistic.

I don't have a strong opinion on Cousins yet, looking forward to individual workouts, though I do have strong inclination he is not a Geoff Petrie player, while Derrick Favors is.

dream scenario

How bout we draft cousins and go after Joe Johnson as a free agent.
Starting 5 Bench
PG Evans Beno
SG Johnson Cisco
SF Caspi Donte
PF Landry Thompson and Brockman
C Cousins Hawes and Brockman

This team could make the playoffs real quick.

If we get #1 pick

IF we get #2 pick

If we get #3 pick

If we get #4 pick

wtf, cousins at PF? turner at SF?

dude, you throw them out of position where we don't have an advantage-

cousins isn't that mobile so putting him at PF is a disservice of his talent.

if you want to get crazy, why not put evans at center and brockman at PG

Interesting question. Theyre both completely different types of players. Oden was alot more raw. Cousins's post game is ALOT more polished than Oden's was at the same point in his career. However, Oden was a physical specimen. You wont see too many guys in your life that are over 7 feet tall that can jump as high and move as quickly as Oden could. I think that was the main thing that made Oden so interesting and probably the main reason hes so injury plagued. Cousins's size, hands, and footwork are his bread and butter. Hes a huge guy that is alot more athletic than someone his size should be. Cousins can grab anything near him. He screams 25/11 to me. To answer the question i think Oden was a better prospect than Cousins is.