[WNBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
As most of you know, I don't really follow women's basketball during NBA season, so could someone tell me why Gaines got the head coach job in Phoenix over Pettis?

Just finished watching the Sparks/Mercury game this afternoon.

Despite going up against the defending WNBA champs, and on a slightly bum shoulder, Candace Parker still managed to score 34 points in her debut game! A league record for a debut game!

Damn! That's freakin' scary (except for Sparks fans).

Very good game. CP3...Damn she played like a seasoned pro.
Spencer was hot in the 1st half, then she hardly saw any action.
Must be nice to have that type of bench player who can score.
Entertaining high scoring game. I think Phoneix is gonna miss Penny Taylor as the season goes on?

Kara has a shot to make the team, how good it is will come down to how they complete the team. One of those slots is definitely being held for Catchings. One may go to another post player and the other to back up Bird if they don't consider Cappie Pondexter in that role and they don't take Whalen.

I would dump Bird and run with Lawson/Whalen and rotate some Cappie and call it good, um...if I had a vote...;)

I think Kara is going to make the team regardless of the injury status of the top nine. The Olympic selection committee understands that there is a need for "role" players on the team, and Kara would be a great addition to the team in this capacity.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
How did Carolyn Peck become so terrible? She used to be insightful and add to the broadcast; when did she turn into the Jerry Reynolds of the WNBA?

How did Carolyn Peck become so terrible? She used to be insightful and add to the broadcast; when did she turn into the Jerry Reynolds of the WNBA?
When Peck started name-dropping to keep getting the "big time" gigs, that's when her "game" went down. She spent the entire broadcast hyping up Candice Wiggins (rightfully so, but it was a bit much), Lindsey Harding (who isn't even going to play much this season, if at all), and Nicky Anosike (who had a wonderful 2-11 night from the floor). Not once did she lend insightful color to the broadcast, and I don't recall her doing much analysis, either. Pam Ward set her up perfectly a few times, and she just bombed.

After seeing this Lynx team in action tonight, I have no doubt that we can beat them into submission. If we can get Bekky to step up and play big inside, we win going away. The Sun turned the ball over about 17 times yet won the game rather easily in the second half. Our perimeter has to be aggressive offensively and physical defensively, which means that Seimone can't go off for 40 on us Thursday night.

One handed at that...well I guess with the bum shoulder, she won't be dunking with 2 hands anytime soon.
Not bad, I still think it's good for the game. They had a nice crowd.

Maybe the Fever wasn't very thrilled at the end of the game...but hey it's ShowTime Sparks...Hollywood, Staples....yeah:cool:

Thanks for posting Slim.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I'm glad she didn't take long to throw it down in the WNBA, especially since she's been doing it for awhile. :D

Dunking in the WNBA does not move me one way or the other. But I am waiting for the arrival of Britney Griner. Then you will see a real "throw-down", not that Parker/Leslie just barely over the rim stuff.;)

Aggressive Monarchs?

Has anyone noticed that the Monarchs seem a lot more aggressive this season? The play sometimes is borderline dirty -- well, it's seemed that way to me. What do you guys think?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Candace Parker now has twice as many dunks as everybody else in the history of the league; take that however you want to...

I'm still waiting on someone in the league to dunk without a running start; I don't know if anybody can, except maybe for Snow, whom has apparently decided that she won't, and maybe Fowles.

Candace Parker now has twice as many dunks as everybody else in the history of the league; take that however you want to...

I'm still waiting on someone in the league to dunk without a running start; I don't know if anybody can, except maybe for Snow, whom has apparently decided that she won't, and maybe Fowles.
Are you counting Michelle Snow's dunk in the All-Star game?

Status
Not open for further replies.