[Game] Kings vs. Knicks - Sat. 3/16 7:00PM PST/10:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Battled hard, but the physical play eventually goes to the stronger, more prepped physical team. The great thing is with the way Keon fits next to Fox, Brown might have the player you slot in next to De'Aaron long term already.
The ability to just keep switching at the point of attack between Fox and Ellis is probably going to be even more effective against a team that is actually reffed by 21st century basketball rules

Battled hard, but the physical play eventually goes to the stronger, more prepped physical team. The great thing is with the way Keon fits next to Fox, Brown might have the player you slot in next to De'Aaron long term already.
Here's the thing, it wasn't physical play. It was fouling over and over and they were allowed to get away with it the entire game. Kings played physical, but were called like a normal basketball team.

Whatever. We're the heel team for the NBA, we're not supposed to be good. Games like this just show that.

The ability to just keep switching at the point of attack between Fox and Ellis is probably going to be even more effective against a team that is actually reffed by 21st century basketball rules
Yea, this loss doesn’t really bother me at all. If we play with this effort going forward, we WILL be the 6th seed. Suns don’t play hard every night

Eh I’m not going to be mad at it. They played hard and had a chance. The Waterbug had it going, they got a bunch of no calls in their favor and we couldn’t hit the shots they needed to.

If Keon had made that shot at the rim on the leak out we go up 6 and I think this game ends differently. We miss, including the Monk put back and then they go on a run to take a 5 point lead. 11 point swing in a handful of possessions. The Knicks also got every long board on missed 3s.

I thought the Lakers got the mandated ref calls but this was bad. NBA refs are trash.
As soon as the NBA said they were looking at basically making the game less wussy as far as foul calls it's hard not to think that NBA finally said screw it, the Knicks built probably the most physical team in the NBA so it's time for them to rise again! haha. The NBA is salivating at the thought of a legit Knicks contender. And they might actually have it at some point soon.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
DDV had fifteen points but I also saw everything that made me okay with us just letting him go after that brief stint. Dude went absolutely ice cold but didn’t have the sense to stop chucking and had a couple of “bulldog” plays that probably would have been techs were he on the Kings.

Eh I’m not going to be mad at it. They played hard and had a chance. The Waterbug had it going, they got a bunch of no calls in their favor and they couldn’t hit the shots they needed to.

If Keon had made that shot at the rim on the leak out we go up 6 and I think this game ends differently. We miss, including the Monk put back and then they got a on a run to take a 5 point lead. 11 point swing in an handful of possessions. The Knicks also got every long board on missed 3s.
Yeah, I'm impressed we're able to bang with these guys for 48 minutes. We play this physical and hard-nose on D, we beat the Warriors and we very likely make a WCF run last year. Haven't watched the Knicks at all this year, but it makes sense why they're on this huge tear defensively; they're all good defenders+they're allowed to play pretty much however they want.

Last 5 minutes it was hero ball all the way for the Kings, the only normal play was that Keon move, apart from that was Fox doing things by himself, Monk, Barnes shooting some bricks from distance... refs sucked for sure, but the Kings were not ready (again and again and again) to face such a "physical" team. It's not the first time, won't be the last time. I think Duarte should have played more, had some decent games lately and he could hurt them physically.
Len had +6 in just 7 minutes... and with Domas so bad (tired? frustrated? hurt? whatever the reason) he should have played more even alongside him.

That 9-0 run without Brunson on the court hurt us a lot.

The next 3 games for the kings will be brutal for the kings since they've been struggling with bad teams. They have the grizzlies, raptors, and wizards. If they can escape going 2-1 they will be fortunate.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As soon as the NBA said they were looking at basically making the game less wussy as far as foul calls it's hard not to think that NBA finally said screw it, the Knicks built probably the most physical team in the NBA so it's time for them to rise again! haha. The NBA is salivating at the thought of a legit Knicks contender. And they might actually have it at some point soon.
NBA gonna go any length to figure out how to get a Knicks-Lakers finals even though the Lakers look terrible half the time and might be the least physical team in the league with Vincent and Vando out.

Horrible referees all game long. Knicks players were crashing the board and there are times, they went over the top of Kings players and never get call.

Another thing is, I wish Mike Brown challenge the double dribble call on Sabonis. How can it be double dribble when the Knicks touches the ball?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Frustrating game. The Knicks forced the Kings to play their style and their game. The Kings were playing the Knicks slug-in-the-mud slow pace for most of the game and they made it close, but with that kind of pace the Knicks are going to win 80% of the time, imo. Brunson had the better of Fox in this one. I think I might have seen maybe a couple of plays in which Fox pushed the pace, but mostly the Knicks were quite happy playing rough and tumble, grab, wrestle and slam kind of game. The refs didn't help, but ultimately somebody on the Kings has to go freaking bonkers and make a scrum on the floor for the refs to change anything, or maybe see some catastrophic injury. Lyles isn't afraid to start a scrum and it would have been nice to see him on the floor.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The next 3 games for the kings will be brutal for the kings since they've been struggling with bad teams. They have the grizzlies, raptors, and wizards. If they can escape going 2-1 they will be fortunate.
Grizzlies might be getting Bane back for the game, which may have the opposite effect from the usual “suck when the other team sits it’s good players” thing.

Horrible referees all game long. Knicks players were crashing the board and there are times, they went over the top of Kings players and never get call.

Another thing is, I wish Mike Brown challenge the double dribble call on Sabonis. How can it be double dribble when the Knicks touches the ball?
I thought they called him for a travel so this post just angered me even more. Unreal lmao oh well, at least we don’t have to play these guys in the playoffs smh

Last 5 minutes it was hero ball all the way for the Kings, the only normal play was that Keon move, apart from that was Fox doing things by himself, Monk, Barnes shooting some bricks from distance... refs sucked for sure, but the Kings were not ready (again and again and again) to face such a "physical" team. It's not the first time, won't be the last time. I think Duarte should have played more, had some decent games lately and he could hurt them physically.
Len had +6 in just 7 minutes... and with Domas so bad (tired? frustrated? hurt? whatever the reason) he should have played more even alongside him.

That 9-0 run without Brunson on the court hurt us a lot.
not being ready would mean we got blown out by 20. This game was close the entire time. We had the lead with a couple minutes to go and missed some crucial shots that may have put the game away. This is the 5th or 6th straight opponent with less than 100 against the Knicks. I’d say we did well we just couldn’t stop Curry Jr.

Frustrating game. The Knicks forced the Kings to play their style and their game. The Kings were playing the Knicks slug-in-the-mud slow pace for most of the game and they made it close, but with that kind of pace the Knicks are going to win 80% of the time, imo. Brunson had the better of Fox in this one. I think I might have seen maybe a couple of plays in which Fox pushed the pace, but mostly the Knicks were quite happy playing rough and tumble, grab, wrestle and slam kind of game. The refs didn't help, but ultimately somebody on the Kings has to go freaking bonkers and make a scrum on the floor for the refs to change anything, or maybe see some catastrophic injury. Lyles isn't afraid to start a scrum and it would have been nice to see him on the floor.
This. I know we like spreading the floor but I’d love to just see us give Len a try at the 5 with Sabonis at the 4. If they’re gonna let Sabonis get mugged, it’s impossible for him to get every rebound on his own

The Kings are about as predictable as you can get stylistically for sure. They're going to be scoring their way to victory if there is one to be had. Under 100 points and it's almost an auto loss. The Kings are what they are and yes, winning based on physicality isn't likely the way. Keon does certainly change some things defensively though. What an asset he's becoming. Without him working on defense tonight and this is likely a blow out with the way the Kings shot the ball.

Eh I’m not going to be mad at it. They played hard and had a chance. The Waterbug had it going, they got a bunch of no calls in their favor and we couldn’t hit the shots they needed to.

If Keon had made that shot at the rim on the leak out we go up 6 and I think this game ends differently. We miss, including the Monk put back and then they go on a run to take a 5 point lead. 11 point swing in a handful of possessions. The Knicks also got every long board on missed 3s.

Keon needs to work on his fastbreak, this isn't g-league anymore. He needs to finish it strong.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
DDV had fifteen points but I also saw everything that made me okay with us just letting him go after that brief stint. Dude went absolutely ice cold but didn’t have the sense to stop chucking and had a couple of “bulldog” plays that probably would have been techs were he on the Kings.
I’d rather have just kept than have given anything up for Huerter. Dude’s chaotic energy entertains me greatly, even if it isn’t always useful.

I'm done with huerter. He shouldn't be a starter.
I'm one of the biggest Huerter supporters on the board, but yeah. I think it's time for Keon. We're just so much better defensively when he's on the floor. He's a huge reason we were able to hang in this slugfest game in the first place. Let's get Huerter in that back-up 3 slot, in a bigger USG role where he can help Monk with the bench scoring.

And I do think it has to be Keon starting. You want his defense vs the first team offenses at the start of the 1st and 3rd. That matters quite a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.