[Game] Kings @ Denver Nuggets, 2/14/2024, 6:00p PT/9:00p ET

Welp.

Hard to feel good coming into this and, after one quarter, certainly don't feel any better.

It'd be nice to see Domas keep his dub-dub streak alive - and, w/1 board and 2 assets after almost 10 min of game action, he has work to do if that's gonna happen, especially if the Kings pull the plug early.

There will be 29 games remaining after this game. I see 4 games that should be sure wins (SA-twice, Memphis) after that most of the teams are playoff material so I just don't see us making it out of the play-in bracket. I get that the other teams will win/lose but I just don't see any streaks coming after the break. Especially, the product and lack of focus and this years version of the Kings.

There will be 29 games remaining after this game. I see 4 games that should be sure wins (SA-twice, Memphis) after that most of the teams are playoff material so I just don't see us making it out of the play-in bracket. I get that the other teams will win/lose but I just don't see any streaks coming after the break.
After the loss to the pistons, I'm not sure those are sure wins anymore.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
There will be 29 games remaining after this game. I see 4 games that should be sure wins (SA-twice, Memphis) after that most of the teams are playoff material so I just don't see us making it out of the play-in bracket. I get that the other teams will win/lose but I just don't see any streaks coming after the break. Especially, the product and lack of focus and this years version of the Kings.
Kings proceed to go 1-3 in those 4 sure wins.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
There will be 29 games remaining after this game. I see 4 games that should be sure wins (SA-twice, Memphis) after that most of the teams are playoff material so I just don't see us making it out of the play-in bracket. I get that the other teams will win/lose but I just don't see any streaks coming after the break.
We need to improve our defense over the last 29 most certainly. We still have a winning record against Western Conference playoff teams though. Missing the play-in entirely seems like a pretty big stretch at this point.

We need to improve our defense over the last 29 most certainly. We still have a winning record against Western Conference playoff teams though. Missing the play-in entirely seems like a pretty big stretch at this point.
Bad choice of words, they will be a play-in team but I dont see them bumping to the six spot.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Bad choice of words, they will be a play-in team but I dont see them bumping to the six spot.
Currently the bar for the 6 seed is set at 10 games over .500 (New Orleans) and we're 7 games over .500 (and just were 10 games over .500 11 days ago). The doom and gloom is understandable considering we're on a losing streak but it's also a tad premature I think. When the bottom falls out, we'll know it. For now we're struggling but a short winning streak puts us right back in the mix for a top 6 seed. Not that it really matters. We were the 3rd seed last year and lost to a play-in team. We just need to be playing at our best by mid-April, whatever it takes to make that happen.

EDIT: My bad, Golden State was the 6 seed. But they lost to a play-in team (Lakers) in the following round as did #2 seed Memphis in the first round.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
10 of those 29 games are against teams currently under .500 (and there are only 12 teams currently under .500 in the league). You are seriously overestimating the difficulty of the schedule down the stretch.

Keegan is sure playing bad basketball lately

10 turnovers. Sheesh
That's the gripe with him at the moment... you can't suck for a month then turn it back on again for a few weeks then suck for another month. Granted it's his second year, so we'll see if he'll improve with being more consistent next year.