[Game] THE Kings vs. Denver Nuggets, 2/9/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting that the Nuggets broadcasters say that this game was a scheduled loss for them. Said they were coming off a back to back game in an emotional one with Kobe’s statue. Also said 40% of their rotational players were missing. Did give credit to the Kings for being a hard place to play.

On another note, the Kessler played great defense, but his teammates couldn’t stop fouling on the help lol

This is the best garbage time mop-up crew the Kings have had in 15 years, easily. They're not just running and chucking, they're actually playing solid NBA basketball on both ends.
Difference being a couple or three of these guys can play useful roles this season....and I wouldn't be surprised to see Colby Jones get meaningful time next season

Difference being a couple or three of these guys can play useful roles this season....and I wouldn't be surprised to see Colby Jones get meaningful time next season
Colby seems best with the ball in his hands. If we bring back Monk, I think the secondary ball handling unit gets really crowded with Monk, Keon, Davion, and Colby. If he can play better complimentary basketball, he should be able to slide in at SG for more minutes

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Really interesting that the Nuggets broadcasters say that this game was a scheduled loss for them. Said they were coming off a back to back game in an emotional one with Kobe’s statue. Also said 40% of their rotational players were missing. Did give credit to the Kings for being a hard place to play.

On another note, the Kessler played great defense, but his teammates couldn’t stop fouling on the help lol
The Kobe statue! We (Denver) lost because the Kobe statue was unveiled last night! What a whopper of an excuse that is!

There will be at least two more chances for some team to roll out that excuse too. Three statues of the same guy seems a tad excessive but I can understand why the city of Los Angeles might feel differently.

hrdboild

Staff member
Either you're straight trolling or I'm just going to have to block you pretty soon. Nothing personal.

Colby seems best with the ball in his hands. If we bring back Monk, I think the secondary ball handling unit gets really crowded with Monk, Keon, Davion, and Colby. If he can play better complimentary basketball, he should be able to slide in at SG for more minutes
I still see Mitchell as the odd man out. Would not value him over Jones, since Ellis has been signed

He’s got a lot of work to do but I really like his potential. I like how he snakes his way into paint and he is a really good rebounder. If he can get stronger and finish better he’s a nice piece.

He’s got a lot of work to do but I really like his potential. I like how he snakes his way into paint and he is a really good rebounder. If he can get stronger and finish better he’s a nice piece.
He’s got a little bit of Podz to him, but not as good of a shooter or rebounder. Just knows how to hustle and do the little things.

I wish we could give him some more run this year, but hopefully he cracks the rotation next season.

I think all these kids are on ice until we figure out which direction we go with HB/Huerter/Monk/Davion. I think it's fairly obvious all 4 dudes won't be back next year, so depending on who gets dealt or if Monk leaves, that'll boost them up the depth chart.

hrdboild

Staff member
I would use Edwards in spots. Ellis should have been playing regularly for the past 6 weeks, had not a showcase taken roster management priority. Len should have been playing over McGee ever since he came back from injury
Blocked it is then, at least temporarily.

I think all these kids are on ice until we figure out which direction we go with HB/Huerter/Monk/Davion. I think it's fairly obvious all 4 dudes won't be back next year, so depending on who gets dealt or if Monk leaves, that'll boost them up the depth chart.
I think that’s a huge assumption to make and is still fluid depending on the 2nd half of the season.

Sabonis should win DPOG for his defense of Jokic, not to mention 17 defensive rebounds. Monk tied Jokic for high score of the game with 23. Sabonis and Fox both with 10 assists. I do not recall ever seeing that before, but I could get used to it! Len seems to get his hand on every missed shot by his teammates, even if he does not always come down with the rebound--he had two offensive rebounds tonight.

Some really stellar basketball by the Kings against a tired Nuggets team.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Fox's shoulder was limber, strong, mobile and agile tonight. He played seriously, intelligently, effectively and energetically.

Len, oh Len. I have been pining for you. Where art thou, Len? Ah, you haven't been released from this mortal coil. Such a joyous moment for Kings fans to see you alive and well.

Lyles was fantastic tonight.

Monk was "feeling himself" in a non obscene manner.

Murray looked like himself.

Barnes wasn't invisible.

Heurter was good.

Sabonis was Sabonis.

All is good with the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.