[Game] Kings vs. Atlanta Hawks, 1/22/2024, 7:00p PST/10:00p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but that's not his directive. He's not turning down shots, his role has been usurped by Keegan this year. You can see where the shot attempts have gone on average. Now why Brown doesn't involve him via play calls is just what it is. Brown doesn't call the plays. He is tonight though, but even that I'd bet was partly directive.
Can't put that all on Brown though. HB is smart enough to know his value on the floor is his scoring and shooting. And he has more than enough of a green light to make sure he stays involved and stays aggressive while he's on the floor. He's just gotten so stupidly passive that he's just been a waste of space out there.

Tonight a perfect example. If the dude has 15 pt, 5/7 shooting type games left in his arsenal, why the hell is he finishing games with 3 shots? Go be an 11-year vet and shoot the damn ball.

He obviously should, but in Dallas Barnes still kind of hit that ceiling. The Mavs thought they were getting the next Carmelo on a cheaper contract and when he topped out those fans turned on him too even though he wasn't playing poorly, lol.
Would never suggest making him a primary option, but they should call some plays for him to make sure he gets shots and stays in rhythm. Always seems to help the team when he does

that’s somewhat true but he has like 19 games with more than 12 points this year. He just can’t give us the defense we need if he dodged have a flow going offensively
But he also has 12 games with 6 or less points this season. Which is more or less my point.

HB is basically always good when he's aggressive with his shot. Like literally every time. I can't really remember a game where he was like 6-18 shooting or something. But he just doesn't keep that aggressive streak ever consistently going. And we see his upside on games like this where he's scoring a million points on 7 shots.

HB is basically always good when he's aggressive with his shot. Like literally every time. I can't really remember a game where he was like 6-18 shooting or something. But he just doesn't keep that aggressive streak ever consistently going. And we see his upside on games like this where he's scoring a million points on 7 shots.
Again, the dude's annoying with the passivity. I say this as his biggest fan. I dunno if that can be helped. But they've given him ZERO help with that.

Again, the dude's annoying with the passivity. I say this as his biggest fan. I dunno if that can be helped. But they've given him ZERO help with that.
I guess, but you're also a role player that gets to play with one of the most unselfish stars in basketball that lives to set you up in Domas. I've seen more aggression from HB in this 2nd quarter than I've seen from him in the last 10 games combined. It's not really on the team to force feed a dude who refuses to stay aggressive shots. Especially as Keegan has willingly started to take on a more aggressive role.

The HB we're seeing tonight helps this team a ton. The HB that stands in the corner and does nothing, does not.

HB missed his last 3 shots, but I don't mind it at all. He's adding another guy putting pressure on the rim and collapsing the defense. That stuff will pay off more than not.

But he also has 12 games with 6 or less points this season. Which is more or less my point.

That’s the nature of fifth options. Go check DFS recent game log. Lots of 0s and 3s there.

Can't put that all on Brown though. HB is smart enough to know his value on the floor is his scoring and shooting. And he has more than enough of a green light to make sure he stays involved and stays aggressive while he's on the floor. He's just gotten so stupidly passive that he's just been a waste of space out there.

Tonight a perfect example. If the dude has 15 pt, 5/7 shooting type games left in his arsenal, why the hell is he finishing games with 3 shots? Go be an 11-year vet and shoot the damn ball.
I think it reminds us a little that one attribute we need in a 4th/ 5th option is assertiveness. ... Or passivity on offence but an ability to be assertive on the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.