[Game] Toronto Raptors @ Sacramento Kings, 1/5/24,7p PST/10p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kings sure do know how to infuriate me lol.. STOP WITH THE 3pt shots when you aren't shooting well. Get something inside please... For the love of all that's holy, knock it off!

Lot of good in this one:

-Keegan monster first half, didn't get enough touches in the 2nd half. Some great rebounding, another 12 boards in this one.

-We might have solved the HB problem. Looks WAY more engaged now that he's moved up a peg in the offensive order. 16-4-2 on 12 shots is the kind of production we need from him on a night in and night out basis.

-24-15-11 for Domas. Got screwed with the whistle, but what else is new with the Kings?

-Fox still a bit slow for what we expect, but hit some big shots when we needed it. The fact we're winning games when he's not at his best is a great sign moving forward.

-Duarte only 16 minutes, but I thought he was good in virtually all of them. Got the clutch stop at the end there on IQ.

-Monk poor shooting tonight (another missed FT? The hell?), but another 9 assists with only 1 turnover. He's quickly becoming our 2nd best passer.

-Lets hope Trey is ok. Dude is really finding his stroke (4-5 from 3) and it took him awhile to get going when he came back from injury. We're gonna need him.

The bad:

-Javale. Oof. Him coming into the game basically sparked a TOR run that sprung momentum towards TOR. He's just not an NBA player anymore, Brown needs to get over his love affair with him.

-Huerter. Thought Huerter was just ok, but I don't think he's taking his benching very well. Just kind of "out there". Hit a big 3 when we needed it and a few nice passes. I think it's pretty clear he'll be on his way out.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
On one hand, another huge blown lead is absurd; Kings seem incapable of maintaining their intensity after they get out fast. On the other hand, teams with long, rangy defenders have been the Kings' kryptonite all season, so it was somewhat important for the Kings' psyche to hang on for the win, even against a team that the records say is inferior.

On one hand, another huge blown lead is absurd; Kings seem incapable of maintaining their intensity after they get out fast. On the other hand, teams with long, rangy defenders have been the Kings' kryptonite all season, so it was somewhat important for the Kings' psyche to hang on for the win, even against a team that the records say is inferior.
Pretty easy when one side gets a 12 FTA advantage. Although, we, once again, are leaving entirely way too many points on the board with another 5 missed FT's.

I see now why so many want to bring in Siakam…. He would make us absolutely deadly.
His face-up and post game is top notch, will get points when the team needs a bucket, really good passer, just his 3pt shot is his weakness (although he shot 35-37% when he played with Kawhi and Derozan). He defended Fox and Sabonis in the same play, and Keegan in the next. Gives a ton of defensive flexibility. But all that said he’s prolly not coming here as much as I would like to see it happen

This postgame presser is ROUGH! (s/o to @BigSchlim) I expect Keegan to be awkward, but why do the reporters sound like they forget what they want to ask mid-question?
I've wondered this for years and it seems like it's somehow become the quirky way reporters have developed of trying to sound humble when you're talking to these pros. I find it really annoying to be honest. How about actually speaking well and talking like an adult, because, you know you're an adult and your job is in the media?

I lament the degradation of professionalism in recent decades.

Last edited:
As soon as the ball was inbounded to IQ and he decided to take a step BACKWARDS, I turned to my buddy and told him we would be lighting the beam tonight. Who in the right mind decides to size up near the half-court line when you're down 3pts with 9s left? What in the world?

After allowing the Raptors to come back, the Kings' final defense in the last 2mins was really impressive. It didn't ever feel like they were worried about losing this one

I've wondered this for years and it seems like it's somehow become the quirky way reporters have developed of trying to sound humble when you're talking to these pros. I find it really annoying to be honest. How about actually speaking well and talking like an adult, because, you know you're an adult and your job is in the media?

I lament the degradation of professionalism in recent decades.
I hate when they add their opinion to every question they ask.

For example, "X happened, is it because of Y or Z?". Just ask the question and stop.

We want to know the thought process of the interviewee, not the interviewer. All you are doing is leading the interviewee and trying to sound smart and humble.

This is just basic Journalism. If you want you share your opinion, do a podcast.

I hate when they add their opinion to every question they ask.

For example, "X happened, is it because of Y or Z?". Just ask the question and stop.

We want to know the thought process of the interviewee, not the interviewer. All you are doing is leading the interviewee and trying to sound smart and humble.

This is just basic Journalism. If you want you share your opinion, do a podcast.
This is one of the most amateurish things I see and it happens almost every time.

Our sports journalism schools have failed us.

If you're in media and you're reading this, and you're doing this, you need to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.