Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Some kind of 3 team deal where Raptors send PS to GS for Moody and CP3, Wiggins and Kuminga to us. We ship Barnes and Huerter or DM?

Assume picks have to go Raps way, but also they can cut CP3 and re-sign Siakim in the offseason lol.

Does CP3 have a no-trade clause? There's a reason I don't engage in mock trades. but hey.

CP3 does not have a no trade clause. Beal is the only current player w a full no trade clause. There are a handful that have weird veto powers do to their contract situation.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Huerter for Isaac works straight up FWIW.
Jonathan Isaac has played 168 games combined over 7 years. He is, at present, dealing with an injury and on the inactive list once again while earning $17 million for this season and next season. I can understand taking a flyer on him once his contract runs out or Orlando buys him out, but trading anything of value for him? I wouldn't do it.

If the Warriors make a trade it has to be for a star. They currently have just one on the roster and that’s not good enough to compete. Siakam makes sense for them, kinda but I don’t know if does for the Raptors. They would be right back where they were before the OG trade with 3 wings with none of them being for sure reliable shooters. Their center doesn’t take or make 3 pointers. Kuminga would be the best asset for trade purposes but he is still a bit too raw to help serious contenders.

It’s interesting that Kuminga would go off on a championship and future all star coach. I wonder how that’s going to affect his trade value. I also dont see a problem with trading with a Pacific division Warriors team, we're going different directions and I don’t buy its a rivalry.

I wonder if the Warriors would consider trading to a divisional rival? I think Kuminga runs into a similar problem here of not getting the minutes he wants, but Moody could compete for the starting SG position. The timeline gets younger, but I’d take both of them for Huerter and Barnes.

Wiggins scares me. He fits the Warriors’ timeline too and if they decide to trade him, something must not be clicking for him right now.
NBA and rilvalry shouldn’t be uttered in the same sentence this isn’t nfl/MLB

I can’t believe Kuminga is available after breaking out how stupid is Kerr dude rode curry/KD he’s a mediocre coach. I’d take kuminga in a heart beat wouldn’t take a lot and improves our defense and rebounding.

I would preferably take Wiggins do a Wiggins for Barnes maybe throw in a second rounder. But when they win the championship Wiggins was locking up every wing they played maybe he needs a change of scenery. He was shooting 39% frokn3 on 5 attempts the past three seasons till taking a nose dive this year.

Barnes/kevin/1st
For
Wiggins/Kuminga

Jonathan Isaac has played 168 games combined over 7 years. He is, at present, dealing with an injury and on the inactive list once again while earning $17 million for this season and next season. I can understand taking a flyer on him once his contract runs out or Orlando buys him out, but trading anything of value for him? I wouldn't do it.
it’s pretty hard to get behind the idea of trading for the most injury prone player
in the nba. But just for giggles let’s assume the following happens: no wings are available to us via trade due to lack of interest in our trade pieces or too many picks required. You trade KVon for Isaac.

You trot out this lineup

Fox Davion
HB Monk
Keegan Sasha
Isaac Lyles
Domas Len

you have great positional size in that unit and 3 plus defenders. 2/3/4 are all the same in our offensive system and HB could use his length (nearly 7ft) to disrupt smaller 2 guards like Keegan does instead of matching up with players his size or bigger. If it works out you have Isaac for one more season and if doesn’t you can decline the option and free up cap space to sign Monk. You still then have all your picks and a few nice contracts to trade for an upgrade in the offseason.

NBA and rilvalry shouldn’t be uttered in the same sentence this isn’t nfl/MLB

I can’t believe Kuminga is available after breaking out how stupid is Kerr dude rode curry/KD he’s a mediocre coach. I’d take kuminga in a heart beat wouldn’t take a lot and improves our defense and rebounding.

I would preferably take Wiggins do a Wiggins for Barnes maybe throw in a second rounder. But when they win the championship Wiggins was locking up every wing they played maybe he needs a change of scenery. He was shooting 39% frokn3 on 5 attempts the past three seasons till taking a nose dive this year.

Barnes/kevin/1st
For
Wiggins/Kuminga
Jk is a lot like Jalen Green where he wows you with athleticism and spectacular play but doesn’t regularly effect winning just yet. The Warriors seemed like the perfect fit fo him when he was drafted there but little did we know the mouth piece chewer was going to be so brilliant at an advanced age (Curry) Now he is in the wrong situation because they need to go all in. Personally, he doesn’t strike me as a Monte player even though he has a great shot at being an all star some day. Could he next year or 4 years from now, that’s the trouble with him. He’s also spilled the beans to the press twice. Not sure a disgruntled player fits our timeline

it’s pretty hard to get behind the idea of trading for the most injury prone player
in the nba. But just for giggles let’s assume the following happens: no wings are available to us via trade due to lack of interest in our trade pieces or too many picks required. You trade KVon for Isaac.

You trot out this lineup

Fox Davion
HB Monk
Keegan Sasha
Isaac Lyles
Domas Len

you have great positional size in that unit and 3 plus defenders. 2/3/4 are all the same in our offensive system and HB could use his length (nearly 7ft) to disrupt smaller 2 guards like Keegan does instead of matching up with players his size or bigger. If it works out you have Isaac for one more season and if doesn’t you can decline the option and free up cap space to sign Monk. You still then have all your picks and a few nice contracts to trade for an upgrade in the offseason.
Now that would be a turn of events, to have Harrison Barnes become your starting guard. o_O

Peja Stojakovic
Ray Allen
Reggie Miller
Rashard Lewis
Rip Hamilton

These players were not stars? Maybe not everybody on the floor needs to be an elite one-on-one scorer? I'm also pretty dubious of this distinction when many of the elite so-called shot creators in the league are nearly as adept at turning the ball over as they are at creating shots for themselves. I don't much care if Keegan could be the star of a different team as the #1 option and primary shot creator, I care if he can be a star player on this team.

Personally, what I want in a star player is high-level defense, situational awareness, efficient scoring, and a wide variety of counter-moves so that nobody can take away their offensive game entirely without trapping or double-teaming, and even then all you can do is slow them down. None of those criteria require elite handles. If Keegan can develop his post game, catch and shoot from multiple levels, consistently make pull up and turnaround shots in the mid range, and continue to perfect his step back three he would have all the tools needed to be an elite scorer on this Kings team, which already has two guys who are top 20 in assists per game every year. If he can do that while also playing All NBA defense, I don't see how anyone could argue that he's not a star player.
I posted a clip of some of Peja's work previously and yes, Peja could easily handle the rock. Same with every player on that list. That said, the game is different now when it comes to the bar set. Look at the top scorers and two things stand out, passing/playmaking.

I would be completely shocked if the Kings did a deal with the Warriors. Mainly because that's two teams kind of looking to get to the same place and only a few ways to get there asset wise.

Jk is a lot like Jalen Green where he wows you with athleticism and spectacular play but doesn’t regularly effect winning just yet. The Warriors seemed like the perfect fit fo him when he was drafted there but little did we know the mouth piece chewer was going to be so brilliant at an advanced age (Curry) Now he is in the wrong situation because they need to go all in. Personally, he doesn’t strike me as a Monte player even though he has a great shot at being an all star some day. Could he next year or 4 years from now, that’s the trouble with him. He’s also spilled the beans to the press twice. Not sure a disgruntled player fits our timeline
He’s been playing good since starting even watching last night dude was having a bad game and the overrated one benched him

gunks

Hall of Famer
HB, Huerter and Davion officially/allegedly on the block as expected.... But do they have the value to get us an impact player?

I think if we're looking for a sure thing upgrade like Siakam we're going to have to add at least a future 1st.

Honestly, I'd rather get some gritty role players or maybe somebody with upside languishing in a bad position (Kuminga?). If we get a guy like Siakam, or even Kuzma, it might cut into Keegan's development.

Either way, I'll die on the "moving Barnes is addition by subtraction" hill. I hate that we resigned him in the first place. Although if we're stuck with him I'd also be cool with moving him to the bench. Same with Huerter.

Warriors got linked to Siakam we can say goodby to that dream we can’t beat any offers from GSW or Atlanta
The reality is all of the competition for Siakam can likely beat a Kings offer if the Raptors are looking for young talent. If the Raptors are looking for shooting and win now pieces along with future picks Barnes and Huerter/filler/picks is a decent get. I'm not sure what the 2nd apron actually does but it might make any deals the Warriors make a little tough.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don’t think the W’s have much to offer.
They don't have much in the way of picks (their only available FRP is 2028, everything else is Stepiened). But they have intriguing young talent (Kuminga, Podz, TJD, Moody) that may not be as intriguing as Keegan, but from an organizational standpoint would appear to be far, far, far more available than Keegan. There would have to be salary filler (CP3 or Wiggins, presumably, unless somehow Draymond would be acceptable on both sides of that barter), but the upside on a Siakam return from the Kings is solid-but-not-star NBA players and some picks that could end up being in the 20s. At least Kuminga and Podz have serious buzz for wide open futures and the W's pick in 2028 could be gold at this point. I think the Warriors would be well in the driver's seat in front of the Kings.

Scotie Barnes, Barrett, and Quickly are all SG’s or SF’s, so if the idea is to move Siakam for some of GS’s disgruntled young players who play the same positions it might not work.
Perhaps a three team trade might.

Scotie Barnes, Barrett, and Quickly are all SG’s or SF’s, so if the idea is to move Siakam for some of GS’s disgruntled young players who play the same positions it might not work.
Perhaps a three team trade might.
Kuminga could probably be used to pick up a 1st to send over.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I understood OG but I had re-signing reservations but I just don't get how Siakam isn't like seeing a Porsche down the street for sale at a good price and saying "oh wow, I don't really need that but I want it!"

It's not an obvious fit and if we send out multiple rotation players (two of which currently start) and picks - even assuming he re-signs - is that the move that makes the Kings awesome?

Am I crazy to think we need to be patient?

gunks

Hall of Famer
I understood OG but I had re-signing reservations but I just don't get how Siakam isn't like seeing a Porsche down the street for sale at a good price and saying "oh wow, I don't really need that but I want it!"

It's not an obvious fit and if we send out multiple rotation players (two of which currently start) and picks - even assuming he re-signs - is that the move that makes the Kings awesome?

Nah, and I don't think we have the goods to make a splash either way unless we send out Keegan, which I absolutely wouldn't do for Siakam.

A "Tinker" trade deadline is probably in the cards, but honestly, even a solid role-player or two could be huge for us.

Yeah, but the two rotation players are clearly fading from their impact roles offensively as others are filling in needs. It's always best to take two big salaries and turn them into one better, more impactful player if you can and there are only so many chances to do that kind of thing based on availability and time. The Kings are in that 5-6 range in the West so far this season and they might climb but this is an arms race and Monte has been looking to condense since summer.

Nah, and I don't think we have the goods to make a splash either way unless we send out Keegan, which I absolutely wouldn't do for Siakam.

A "Tinker" trade deadline is probably in the cards, but honestly, even a solid role-player or two could be huge for us.
Yeah, no way. You don't trade Keegan for Siakam now that Keegan looks like the teams answer for the 3 and D needs they've had for basically ever.