[Game] Kings vs. Blazers, 11/8/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Too bad Scoot is out for tonight's game. I have yet to see him in an NBA game.

The Kings need to take care of some business tonight. Injuries are no excuse, especially when it's against the injury-riddled Trailblazers.

Need Domas to open up that game a bit. He really needs to shoot more jumpers. But even if not more jumpers. More shots in general. what did he have 4 shots the other night? He’s not just another dude out there. We need him to score 20 even when Fox is playing. Anything less without Fox simply isn’t acceptable, and for him not to even take the appropriate amount of initiative offensively is doubly unacceptable.

he has played well outside of the Houston games but I did expect him to come into this season more mindful of the cost of his trepidation in the mid range and from three.

Also, Keegan needs to get going. I agree with Draper from the show yesterday. Time for fans to stop babying him. He was in fact the 4th overall pick. Other guys picked in his range are balling. He isn’t a project. Time to start putting that ball in the hole

Hope to see Sasha get going tonight. He was a ghost in Houston and missing wide open threes has become contagious on this team.

So the Rockets are suddenly contenders? :p
honestly if you look at their roster maybe we should have seen some of this coming. Not necessarily playoffs but a much improved team. They have one fairly recent all star, 2 that could be an all star in the next couple years or even this year (AL P and Green) one irritant very good defender, a coach who at least on the court is considered a defensive wiz and a bunch of long athletic role players.

Need Domas to open up that game a bit. He really needs to shoot more jumpers. But even if not more jumpers. More shots in general. what did he have 4 shots the other night? He’s not just another dude out there. We need him to score 20 even when Fox is playing. Anything less without Fox simply isn’t acceptable, and for him not to even take the appropriate amount of initiative offensively is doubly unacceptable.

he has played well outside of the Houston games but I did expect him to come into this season more mindful of the cost of his trepidation in the mid range and from three.

Also, Keegan needs to get going. I agree with Draper from the show yesterday. Time for fans to stop babying him. He was in fact the 4th overall pick. Other guys picked in his range are balling. He isn’t a project. Time to start putting that ball in the hole

Hope to see Sasha get going tonight. He was a ghost in Houston and missing wide open threes has become contagious on this team.
I don't think the jumpers are a problem. He's shooting about 4 a game. I think just overall aggression and looking for his offense needs to be a priority. That was one of his major issues last year as well; looking to playmake rather than score.

honestly if you look at their roster maybe we should have seen some of this coming. Not necessarily playoffs but a much improved team. They have one fairly recent all star, 2 that could be an all star in the next couple years or even this year (AL P and Green) one irritant very good defender, a coach who at least on the court is considered a defensive wiz and a bunch of long athletic role players.
Absolutely. Let’s also not forget that while we swept them last year, I remember all of the games being very close until we went on runs to put them away at the end. I’m hoping our pee poor showing in back to back games can be partially attributed to a much improved team that already was a bad matchup for us, with a new tough coach.

The scary thing is there really is no easy out this year in the west (outside of Utah and Portland….but I don’t want to say that too loud right now).

Absolutely. Let’s also not forget that while we swept them last year, I remember all of the games being very close until we went on runs to put them away at the end. I’m hoping our pee poor showing in back to back games can be partially attributed to a much improved team that already was a bad matchup for us, with a new tough coach.

The scary thing is there really is no easy out this year in the west (outside of Utah and Portland….but I don’t want to say that too loud right now).
This can be good and bad though. Makes it very unlikely for teams to separate themselves and my guess is we have another season where the entire West bracket is within like 8 or so wins. Maybe the Nuggets or another team really separates themselves, but I think we're going to have another season where every night the West is in a dogfight.

That means you don't need 50+ wins to get into the dance.

Yeah, odds are that they would be an improved team, when you consider that VanVleet and Brooks are experienced playoff starters in their prime

This can be good and bad though. Makes it very unlikely for teams to separate themselves and my guess is we have another season where the entire West bracket is within like 8 or so wins. Maybe the Nuggets or another team really separates themselves, but I think we're going to have another season where every night the West is in a dogfight.

That means you don't need 50+ wins to get into the dance.
at the same time, I don't see 48 wins earning the 3rd seed

Wise move. Keon Ellis probably has the most raw two way potential out of all our reserve guards(in the Duarte, Jones, and Mitchell level, Not Monk) If not giving him a chance now to show what he can do at this level with the starters, then when?

This adds a layer of extra excitement for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.