[Game] Kings @ Suns 2/14/2023 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course CP3 and Josh Okogie have their best shooting nights of the year against us.
Well what can you do. The way we play on the defensive end, especially PNR, it's either a free shot for Ayton or CP3. Obviously they are gonna hit them with a high rate.

While Okogie has been good for the last few games.

The dude apparently isn't showing enough in practice to earn Mike Brown's trust that he can play a role in his system at this point in time. Kessler Edwards is playing huge minutes here in the fourth quarter so it's not like he's unwilling to give guys an opportunity if they show enough.
Maybe so, but you're allowing close to 60% inside, I would think its probably time to change things a bit and it wouldn't hurt to give the 7ft you drafted for his defense a chance. Hell, there nothing else for him to learn in the g-league anyways, He chilled out with the fouling and He's one of the most efficient players in that league now.

Came into this game expecting a loss and still came out disappointed. Didn’t like the rotations at all. Defense was really bad as usual. Barnes, Keegan, Davion, Metu had bad games.

That TD stretch really killed us. We were terrible on the glass and it was the lazy terrible. The suns also had some luck. I’d say 3 balls went off them and were given the ball anyway. Paul hits a fade away 3 and one other 3 the Suns made bounced off the side of the glass and still went in. Ayton was Thomas Bryant out there and punchable face Book was too tough.

Phoenix shooting 57% from the field and it is the same old story.
Edwards did well, but we know who this Kings team is, they're going to beat on the offensive end. 109 won't cut it. Not that benching Keegan is what did it, but it certainly doesn't help taking your main DHO weapon off the floor for defense.

I get TD has been solid tonight but the Kings should probably have Keegan out there instead of him if only to cut down on weird mental errors to close the game out. And yes, I know it's weird to advocate playing the rookie instead of the five year vet to limit mistakes.
TD has games where he can't miss and moments his defence looks good because he will rip the ball out of someone's hands, but as an 82 game player he leaves a lot to be desired.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Came into this game expecting a loss and still came out disappointed. Didn’t like the rotations at all. Defense was really bad as usual. Barnes, Keegan, Davion, Metu had bad games.
Not sure what Keegan did to get lumped in with Metu and Davion. Dude was on pace for a triple double before Mike Brown pulled him midway through the third.

I don’t think Keegan had a bad game. He had good contributions outside shooting and barley played. Kessler looked good on defense but we needed some more scoring

Kings officially have a Davion Mitchell problem. So now they can't survive without Fox OR Domas on the floor.

And jesus TD is just an absolute cyclone. He really gave a ton of momentum to the Suns in the 3rd and they never looked back.

When Monk comes back, think it's time to put him full-time at PG, Lyles full-time at back-up C and let Kessler/Keon/TD figure out those back-up wing minutes.

Phoenix shooting 57% from the field and it is the same old story.
Not only did they shoot 57%, they did that shooting 7/22 from 3. They shot 65% from 2. We let CP3 shoot his favorite elbow jumper all game, let Aston shoot his favorite jumper from the free throw line, and let Booker pretty much drive unimpeded. It’s like we had no idea what the Suns strengths are

That TD stretch really killed us. We were terrible on the glass and it was the lazy terrible. The suns also had some luck. I’d say 3 balls went off them and were given the ball anyway. Paul hits a fade away 3 and one other 3 the Suns made bounced off the side of the glass and still went in. Ayton was Thomas Bryant out there and punchable face Book was too tough.
TD was still a plus 5. It was combined stretches of that and others. The Lyles/Metu combo went down quick and buried it too. Davion being a literal nothing lately is also hurting big time. He's hit the year 2 wall for sure.

Basically all I learned tonight is if Ayton can play at 70-80% of this game on a consistent basis again like he did during their title run? It's over for everyone else.
Ayton is heavily reliant upon CP3 to get him his. He’s a talent no doubt, but CP3 makes it easy for him.

Last edited:
Basically all I learned tonight is if Ayton can play at 70-80% of this game on a consistent basis again like he did during their title run? It's over for everyone else.
Suns are the best team in the league now most likely..

Those banking on Ayton fumbling their chances at the title are probably the same who thought Wiggins would jinx the Warriors.

They have both a devastating attack from 2 n 3 pt range and Aytons shooting means they can move ya all over the court as they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.