Kings trade Tyrese and Buddy for Sabonis and Holiday and Lamb

If tyreke were traded in his sophomore year, our GM would have been stoned to death on the forum. (I am old enough on this forum to remember the "would you trade evans for wade?" poll. lol.)
We tend to think about growth as something linear (or even exponential.). Do not look for this growth in sports, because you won't find it.
if TH becomes an all-star this would be considered a miserable move. but most "young promising stars" do not. Spoiling the party - It is impossible to know who won the trade and only time will tell as a factor of TH's evolution.
Sabonis is actually safer. we know exactly what we are getting. (edit: this doesn't mean i'm for this trade)
assuming he doesn’t leave in 2 years when Tyrese would still be under contract

As just mentioned, it could mean that:
  1. The tweet in question was deleted.
  2. The tweet in question was made by someone who has you blocked you have blocked, or has blocked you.
  3. Something else (How are you reading the message board? I don't access either the board or Twitter via a phone/app)?
Turns out its a firefox issues where it doesn't embed the tweet properly....it removes the user from the url of the tweet so while it has the status identifier, it doesn't have the user so you get the tweet not found error.

It embeds the tweet fine in chrome.

Thanks for helping out.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
It's just weird if either Lamb and Holiday aren't throw ins because all anyone is talking about is Sabonis, Hali and Buddy. And people outside the Kings are excited about Buddy. o-kay.

Kings traded for Sabonis and kings fans be like he cant shoot (not true, just not the best 3pt shooter but still a good mid ranger and elite passer). Kings fans think tge team will be 2 on 5 (fox and sabonis vs everyone).

Barnes 40% 3pt shooter
Mitchell 37.7% over last 10 games (ie he is getting better quickly)
Holiday 38%
TD 38%

Plus i feel there are more moves coming. I highly doubt the Kings will go into next season with Holmes on the roster. Im hoping they flip him before the 10th for PJ Washington and maybe Ish or bouknight.

Toronto still desperately wants a center too. Could they be persuaded to take holmes and maybe bagley and 1 frp and 2nds for OG and filler.

Both moves can help with spacing and defense.

I like the trade. Am I the only one? This should force Fox to be more assertive, given he's about to have the ball in his hands a hell of a lot more. Also Sabonis is a monster. We often struggled to secure a rebound before this trade, now I have to think that won't be happening much anymore. I am also glad to see we moved Buddy, watching him take boneheaded shots every game and whisper sweet nothings to opposing coaches with his mouth covered after games was something I could stand no more of.

It's just weird if either Lamb and Holiday aren't throw ins because all anyone is talking about is Sabonis, Hali and Buddy. And people outside the Kings are excited about Buddy. o-kay.
Depending on what other moves are made, I could see us rolling out a line up of Fox/Mitchell/Holiday/Barnes/Sabonis.

Pacers fans are going to be disappointed the first time they see a Buddy led fast break.

Thank you Tyrese for being part of the solution here lollll. Gonna expose how we can't win with Fox and still be bad 4 years from now leading finally to a good rebuild.

Sabonis is a good player that.... might not fit with Fox. Like, at all. I think Fox being held out was exactly what it was, meant to showcase everybody else. I guess it worked but the question is, can going with numbers and evading modern BBall work? I guess we'll see. They do have two legit put up 30 on any given night players now I guess.

Depending on what other moves are made, I could see us rolling out a line up of Fox/Mitchell/Holiday/Barnes/Sabonis.

Pacers fans are going to be disappointed the first time they see a Buddy led fast break.
The only downside for the Pacers is that they kind of have a logjam with pieces that kind of duplicate eachother now, but Buddy should be fine. I kind of like adding Lamb and Holiday though. Total upgrades over Harkless for sure.

This trade might have been as much about getting rid of Buddy's salary than choosing between Fox/Hali. No idea if Indy insisted on Hali, but if Monte had a choice, trading Fox would have meant keeping Buddy on the roster, or else salaries wouldn't have worked. This allowed getting out of Buddy's salary too, but I still hate losing Hali. Thought he could be not only our best player, but the leader the team needs.
you dump a good prospect to shed salary, embarrassing

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sabonis is a good player that.... might not fit with Fox. Like, at all. I think Fox being held out was exactly what it was, meant to showcase everybody else. I guess it worked but the question is, can going with numbers and evading modern BBall work? I guess we'll see. They do have two legit put up 30 on any given night players now I guess.
Yeah. I mostly agree with you there. At the same time, we managed to nab an all-star and wing depth for only one prime asset and still have a bunch of picks and Barnes and Holmes and Bagley’s expiring to help them fit together.
I also think Sabonis is a better fit than the version of him we saw playing in Carlisle’s weird five out system would have you think.

Yeah. I mostly agree with you there. At the same time, we managed to nab an all-star and wing depth for only one prime asset and still have a bunch of picks and Barnes and Holmes and Bagley’s expiring to help them fit together.
I also think Sabonis is a better fit than the version of him we saw playing in Carlisle’s weird five out system would have you think.
On the surface value wise yeah, you can't complain. I just simply don't trust this organization to use anyone right. If they use Holmes/Sabonis up front next to Fox there could be problems. If they put Sabonis at C and spread the heck out of the court OK, but they always seem to miss the mark. I can't see them moving Barnes now. That makes no sense. He's the only thing close to a wing and they just dealt two perimeter guys.

The only downside for the Pacers is that they kind of have a logjam with pieces that kind of duplicate eachother now, but Buddy should be fine. I kind of like adding Lamb and Holiday though. Total upgrades over Harkless for sure.
the team did get deeper and where it sorely lacked. I’m curious to see if the defense gets actually gets better now.

Going to have plenty of opps to demonstrate his skills…or not,
Spacing is key. Sabonis isn't the best 3 baller for sure, but an upgrade in pick and roll. Use Fox to break down defenses again, give him the dang ball like last year, and watch out. He needs spacing though. Russ? Nah, not nearly as implosive. Fox in pick and roll was a star level player last year.