NFL 2021-2022 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Between this and DeForrest saying he’d absolutely have worked with the Niners to get to a middle ground (ARMSTEADS CONTRACT) Lynch and Shanahan’s ice has got to be getting thinner.

If Trey isn’t a megastar they’re gone.
Niners fans acting like Buck was Aaron Donald when he was really a poor man's Bryant Young is weird. Buck was really good but Armstead is outplaying him by pretty much every single advanced metric this season and the Colts are in a bad spot financially now in a way the Niners aren't and already had to let a lot of their line depth go in large part to fit him and Darius Leonard's contracts long-term.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

SLAB

Hall of Famer
What advanced metrics are we even talking about? PFF has always had Armstead raked higher, even in 2019, but there isn’t a person on this earth that would say he was the better player that season:

Meanwhile the advanced stats from Football Outsiders has DeFo better across the board.

I’ll also admit I don’t love going to advanced stats. There’s an advanced stat for anything to make your argument look “good”. IMO DeFo >>> Armstead, and DeFo is the reason AA had his one great season.

I saw that article. Hilariously bad.
https://sports.yahoo.com/trey-lance-experiment-indeed-disappointment-235645544.html

I think this is the same article - "superbowl aspirations"? No...not even with their full lineup - playoffs with full-lineup - maybe. Shanahan has not been coaching well. The offense is doo-doo.

Lance has a long way to go, and the expectations are too high and probably unfair - but 1st impression was shabby - granted it was the Cardinals who will be almost certainly be representing NFC West in the Divisionals....

I dislike 'weather' games - happy theres massive rain though generally.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
https://sports.yahoo.com/trey-lance-experiment-indeed-disappointment-235645544.html

I think this is the same article - "superbowl aspirations"? No...not even with their full lineup - playoffs with full-lineup - maybe. Shanahan has not been coaching well. The offense is doo-doo.

Lance has a long way to go, and the expectations are too high and probably unfair - but 1st impression was shabby - granted it was the Cardinals who will be almost certainly be representing NFC West in the Divisionals....

I dislike 'weather' games - happy theres massive rain though generally.
I actually thought Lance’s first game was fine, he got better as it went, just mostly bogged down by Shanahan being terrible again.

As for Super Bowl aspirations. LOL I’ve been screaming from the rooftops this team is the third team in the division at best since before training camp. I really don’t know what people saw in this roster. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.