2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
I think they are closer to play-in than home court. Honestly- do we really think GS is better than a 6 seed? Maybe they get a boost because of Kawhi and Murray being out, but they seem behind Utah, Phoenix, LAL, LAC (healthy) and Denver (healthy) to me.
And I neglected to add Dallas. To me, I think the tiers in the West (if everyone is healthy) are:

Phoenix
Utah
LAL
LAC
Denver

GS
Dallas

Portland
Memphis

Sac
NO
SA
Minnesota

Houston
OKC

Injuries will obviously play a role, especially for Denver and LAC. Same for Klay’s return, including how soon he is back and at what percent. And who knows what happens with Dame and our Buddy situation. But if everyone is healthy (including Klay), Dame isn’t traded, and we can’t trade Buddy for a needle mover, this is my best guess.

Didn't realize the NBA is still having the play-in. It's crazy that the NBA is still having the Play-in considering there will be a full 82 game season. It's all about the money I guess.

Knowing the Kings luck, we'll get to #8 to end the regular season and then get bounced in the play-in! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Heat offered him a contract and he signed it. Nothing cringe about doing business. If the Heat thought there was someone more deserving of the roster spot, they'd give it to them over Haslem.
I remember reading somewhere they are doing this because of his loyalty over the years when he could have taken bigger deals to go elsewhere. Makes sense.

So would a Josh Hart ($10 mil or so contract) for Buddy straight up actually be feasible? Can they absorb the rest of Buddy's deal into the TPE?
Saw somewhere about them adding Satoransky to it to make it work. Don't know anything about him other than he's listed as a 6-7 guard and that seems counter productive.

So would a Josh Hart ($10 mil or so contract) for Buddy straight up actually be feasible? Can they absorb the rest of Buddy's deal into the TPE?
Saw somewhere about them adding Satoransky to it to make it work. Don't know anything about him other than he's listed as a 6-7 guard and that seems counter productive.
If the Kings were to trade Buddy to N.O., they better be getting more back than Hart with Satoransky. At the very least, we should be getting back a 1st round pick or two. And if not a future 1st, I would take Trey Murphy (their 1st round pick this year).

N.O. is desperate to surround Zion with shooters, no way I give them Buddy without a 1st round pick involved.

IMHO, I would try to swing for a deal of Buddy and Bagley for Brandon Ingram, instead of Hart. I would be willing to throw in a future protected 1st for Ingram too.

If the Kings were to trade Buddy to N.O., they better be getting more back than Hart with Satoransky. At the very least, we should be getting back a 1st round pick or two and if not a future 1st, I would take Trey Murphy (their 1st round pick this year).

N.O. is desperate to surround Zion with shooters, no way I give them Buddy without a 1st round pick involved.

IMHO, I would try to swing for a deal of Buddy and Bagley for Brandon Ingram, instead of Hart. I would be willing to throw in a future protected 1st for Ingram too.
Just isn't close to what Ingram is worth. You'd have to be willing to include Hali Or Mitchell as a base package to get them to even consider moving Ingram. Young all-stars that have been ascending every year and that are locked up long-term aren't free for our low-value assets.

I think Buddy for a protected 1st and Hart is a reasonable deal all-around.

Just isn't close to what Ingram is worth. You'd have to be willing to include Hali Or Mitchell as a base package to get them to even consider moving Ingram. Young all-stars that have been ascending every year and that are locked up long-term aren't free for our low-value assets.

I think Buddy for a protected 1st and Hart is a reasonable deal all-around.
I think the fit of Ingram and Zion is iffy at best. I think eventually, N.O. will need to pick between the two, and I think that they will pick Zion.

At this point though, N.O. can wait, because they have Zion on his rookie contract still. Eventually though, they are going to have to make him happy, so he signs his extension. Having shooters would make Zion happy. Buddy could make Zions life much easier in N.O. The Kings could throw in 2 first rounders in a deal for Ingram.

I think the fit of Ingram and Zion is iffy at best. I think eventually, N.O. will need to pick between the two, and I think that they will pick Zion.

At this point though, N.O. can wait, because they have Zion on his rookie contract still. Eventually though, they are going to have to make him happy, so he signs his extension. Having shooters would make Zion happy. Buddy could make Zions life much easier in N.O. The Kings could throw in 2 first rounders in a deal for Ingram.
I was thinking about Fox for Ingram straight up. Would balance the rosters for both teams