[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 12/31/2020 4PM PST, 7PM EST

Why is James Harden good?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On pace for 118 to 126. I had 126 to 122. We’ll see.

I don’t like the pace for the Kings. It’s too frenetic, too much playground. Need more control to win this game.

Close game....not sure we played very well
They were getting way too pretty. Run that middle pick and roll with the emphasis on shots at the rim and force the Rockets off the wings. Fox passed it over to Buddy on that 3 attempt before the defense even collapsed. Also, run everything you can back at Harden. If Walton wants to keep running 3 guard lineups then he needs to use it towards the other teams weakest defender. That especially means the one not giving a darn unless he's got the ball in iso.

When Harden gets to hog the ball, he’s amazing. Anytime he’s not touching the ball, it’s like someone let a spectator watch the game from the floor.
Assuming they're able to get a decent talent haul for him - from Philly, whenever - I'm thinking his teammates WON'T be sorry to see him go. Wall, Cousins, Gordon, Wood, Tucker, a youngster or two, plus a 1st-rounder or two... that's plenty to build on.

I fully expect the Rockets to come back after half really bogging down the paint inside and going at the Kings on the draw and kick. This up this point is almost right down the line to what the Suns did until they broke it open late.

Assuming they're able to get a decent talent haul for him - from Philly, whenever - I'm thinking his teammates will be sorry to see him go. Wall, Cousins, Gordon, Wood, Tucker, a youngster or two, plus a 1st-rounder or two... that's plenty to build on.
I'm not sure what the Rockets game is here. Wait him out and see if he'll mesh? Even if he turns it on late in games and starts trying the video evidence of his attitude at the start of games is only going to create issues with prospective teams. Players rarely lose these battles, why even let it fester?

He jinxed himself with his “and they said my shot wouldn’t translate” tweet last game
Haha. I think the only issue with his shot that looked evident in college is his ability to shoot off pick and roll. He's a little slow rotating on pnr but his ability to drive off of it is incredible because he's got tremendous acceleration.

I’m actually ok with Hali having a rough half. He has been the Golden by since preseason and he wasn’t going to keep up the ascension forever. Hopefully he comes out strong in the second half

Status
Not open for further replies.