[Game] Kings v. Blazers 10/25/19 7PM PT/10PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings defense is swiss cheese
You can't play your bigs off the pick and roll anymore. Not in the West. You have no chance if you do. It will be Curry one night, Lillard the next, Kawhi after, and so on. And apparently you can beat a dead horse because from what I've seen physical NBA defense is even deader than before. You can't do ANYTHING anymore.

Its looking like that India trip may have cut more into needed prep time than advertised. Guys lack chemistry, make stupid fouls repeatedly, spend a lot of time standing there dribbling the ball, and look thoroughly discombobulated overall.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You can't play your bigs off the pick and roll anymore. Not in the West. You have no chance if you do. It will be Curry one night, Lillard the next, Kawhi after, and so on. And apparently you can beat a dead horse because from what I've seen physical NBA defense is even deader than before. You can't do ANYTHING anymore.
it's an offensive minded game now....times have changed unfortunately. That said, can't blame the way the officials call it now a days, the players and coaches have to adapt to it. Other teams have to go through it just the same way the Kings do. Kings just don't have the personnel or the strength on the inside to limit possessions and execute a half court offense when necessary.

Its looking like that India trip may have cut more into needed prep time than advertised. Guys lack chemistry, make stupid fouls repeatedly, spend a lot of time standing there dribbling the ball, and look thoroughly discombobulated overall.
I really hope I’m wrong, and yes I realize it’s only 2 games, but I’m a little worried we’ve hitched our wagon to the wrong coach. nothing about the way our offense, defense, rotations, or in-game adjustments look fills me with confidence. i really hope I’m wrong. And hopefully it’s just India trip hangover.

Well, we improved a little. In a 9 or 10 games we’ll only be losing by 2 or 3 maybe.
You hope! haha. We saw flashes but this team shouldn't be this disjointed to start the year on defense if that's what they've been working on. I mean, the offense being a step behind is excusable but c'mon now.

Status
Not open for further replies.