Bizarro Wide World of Sports Lin Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbis approaxh coupled with no top 3 pick 2 years in a row would go a long way to minimizing tanking. The "fix" next year will still creat a tank fest for the nottom 3 spots as well as continued tanking for the prize of 5th 6th 7th etc.

I still ghink there needs to be some human element involved...perhaps Silver would determine how many teams would have the equal odds in the lottery such as 1-8 one yeat and 1-10 next year depending on a judgment call of crappiness
Trouble with this is that not every draft is equal. What if you get the top pick in the year of Pervis Ellison? Should you be penalized for THAT?

I think the point was that the Kings will not be playing the same team that beat the Warriors in their last game. But yeah, if the Kings play Fox, Bogdan, Buddy, et all, and play them substantial minutes then yeah..
Haven’t they done that every game? Bogdan is our best player and he hasn’t sat yet.

Well, as wins go, it could have been worse. We can pretty much forget about fourth or fifth now, but those were really long shots anyway. With the Knicks' win, and a couple of Bulls-Nets games upcoming, sixth is ours to lose.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Well, as wins go, it could have been worse. We can pretty much forget about fourth or fifth now, but those were really long shots anyway. With the Knicks' win, and a couple of Bulls-Nets games upcoming, sixth is ours to lose.
So, we're definitely picking 7-9 then.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
4-6.png

There was a ton of action on Friday, as you might expect with a full slate of games and now only five days left in the season - things are starting to clear up. The Kings turned what looked like a last-second defeat at the hands of Dillon Brooks to a last-second victory on Bogdan's short jumper, and in one fell swoop were mathematically eliminated by both the Grizzlies and the Hawks. The Mavericks, who managed to force overtime in Detroit were unable to come away with the win, and the Kings can at best tie the Mavs for the 4th/5th slots. However, the Knicks also won, meaning that the worst the Kings can do is tie New York at 28 wins. In addition, the Nets and Bulls play each other twice yet, meaning one of those two teams also has to get to at least 28 wins, so the worst the Kings can do is a three-way tie for 7th/8th/9th. In other mildly interesting news, the Pistons became the first team to lock down their slot in the lottery - the Pistons will finish in 12th.

Saturday features only two games from the shrinking list of Kings-relevant Lintenders: The Knicks host the Bucks, with a chance to win and lock the Kings out of the 9th slot, and the first of the aforementioned Nets/Bulls matchups is taking place in Chicago.

Good odds we settle at 6th...i was expeing the kings to shut down Bogs for rest of year. Would have done the trick against Memphis and just as importantly in the final games to stay below the Nets. Shocking win they had agaonsg the Bucks and very lucky for the Kings. Now lets atop tempting fate and at lest sink no further pls.....shut down Bogs for last 2 games and give his mins to Bruno....btw why are we not seeinv anymore Bruno?

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Good odds we settle at 6th...i was expeing the kings to shut down Bogs for rest of year. Would have done the trick against Memphis and just as importantly in the final games to stay below the Nets. Shocking win they had agaonsg the Bucks and very lucky for the Kings. Now lets atop tempting fate and at lest sink no further pls.....shut down Bogs for last 2 games and give his mins to Bruno....btw why are we not seeinv anymore Bruno?
I think outside of injury the chance we shut down Bogdanovic (or Fox, or Hield, or WCS, or Jackson, or Mason for that matter) is about zero.

Just the dumb franchise doing dumb things. I wonder what excuse I’ll be next year after all of the star guys get picked top 5 and we have another year winning 20 something games. But hey who cares about the playoffs when we are establishing winning culture versus d league teams.

Also to the negative people I’ve been go 2-80 since October be come on man did y’all not realize we weren’t catching Dallas or Orlando. Those teams are throwing DLeague players out ther. Also the only player I’d regret missing out on is Doncic, Ayton has to be dominant defensively for me to regret him.

At worst we chose between Mikal Bridges and Wendell Carter both are good prospects. Most likely we stay at 6 for standings and after the lottery we can get Bamba/Porter both players could end up being the best players in the draft

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If the Kings get the 6th slot for ping pong balls, these are the odds for their final draft position:

6.3% chance for 1st; 7.1% chance for 2nd;. 8.1% for 3rd; 43.9% for 6th; 30.5% for 7th; 4.0% for 8th.

The Kings would have a 21.5% chance of getting a top 3 pick, but they also would have a 34.5% chance of getting the 7th or 8th pick. So there's a greater chance of ending up lower than 6th than higher than 6th.

To my mind, there is a big drop off after the sixth pick.

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

If the Kings get the 6th slot for ping pong balls, these are the odds for their final draft position:

6.3% chance for 1st; 7.1% chance for 2nd;. 8.1% for 3rd; 43.9% for 6th; 30.5% for 7th; 4.0% for 8th.

The Kings would have a 21.5% chance of getting a top 3 pick, but they also would have a 34.5% chance of getting the 7th or 8th pick. So there's a greater chance of ending up lower than 6th than higher than 6th.

To my mind, there is a big drop off after the sixth pick.

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds
There is. It's a six player draft (Doncic, Ayton, MPJ, Jackson, Bamba, Bagley). As per Kings tradition, they'll be on the cusp of that group or the first one on the outside looking in.

As focused as we have been on the tight race for Lins, I overlooked the tight race for the final western conf playoff spots. There are 5 teams with 45 wins and one with 46 all biding for the playoffs. San Antonio is one of them, so no way they lose to us in San Antonio. I also believe Houston will rest players somewhat, but they wont just role over in our final game at home.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The only realistic way to prevent teams from tanking and fighting for the bottom spots is to have GMs listing the other 29 teams at the end of the season. They would create a draft order, from 1 to 29 (they wouldn't be allowed to list their own team), the final results of all the 30 GMs would be the draft order.
I'm sure GM's wouldn't reward teams like Memphis, already with 2 stars, trying to tank as hard as they can with no respect for the game. This in my opinion is the only way to make sure the worst teams get the firt picks and to prevent teams from tanking.
You know, this idea is really starting to grow on me. It might not be the best way, but it would certainly be better than what we have now.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
4-7.png

Saturday in relatively light action, the Knicks lost (leaving the Kings still a chance to fall to a tie for 9th) and the Nets beat the Bulls pulling themselves out of a tie in the win column with the Kings at 6th and into a tie with the Bulls for 7th/8th. In other action, the Clippers secured the 13th slot in the lottery, meaning whichever team fails amongst the six teams competing for five playoffs slots in the West will get the 14th slot, and thus I have locked all these teams in red.

Sunday is also light action for Tankathon teams relevant to the Kings' position. The Mavericks travel to Philly, where a loss would lock the Kings out of the 4th slot, and the Magic travel to Toronto, where a loss would ensure they can do no worse than tie with the Kings for 5th/6th (or 4th/5th/6th with a Mavs win).

Status
Not open for further replies.