[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
AD and Westbrook having to go supernova just to keep their teams in games. The second best player on the current Pelicans squad is Tim Frazier.

Also Dallas does not look good to start the season. Lakers look surprisingly feisty though.

AD and Westbrook having to go supernova just to keep their teams in games. The second best player on the current Pelicans squad is Tim Frazier.

Also Dallas does not look good to start the season. Lakers look surprisingly feisty though.
Was unsure if I wanted the Lakers W or the Lakers L.

I think the Lakers are better than everyone expected, but I don't think they're making the playoffs. We all know that once the Jazz get back to being healthy, they're a top 5 seed in the West....

I'd rather Utah take that L just to clear some space for the Kings.

The Kings got laughed at when Wes Mathews declined their contract offer, but I'm glad he didn't end up here...he has looked awful ever since that Achilles injury.

Lakers look competent all of a sudden, they might win around 30 games...a case of addition by subtraction with Kobe and his stooge Byron Scott no longer there.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Was unsure if I wanted the Lakers W or the Lakers L.

I think the Lakers are better than everyone expected, but I don't think they're making the playoffs. We all know that once the Jazz get back to being healthy, they're a top 5 seed in the West....
Do we really all "know" that?

Do we really all "know" that?
I honestly don't know what to make of Utah. On paper, they are solid at almost every position, and have some depth. They also are well coached and good defensively.
However, they lack that one player who can carry a team when needed. I think Hayward is a very good player, but don't think a team with him as their best player can go very far in the playoffs.

The Kings got laughed at when Wes Mathews declined their contract offer, but I'm glad he didn't end up here...he has looked awful ever since that Achilles injury.

Lakers look competent all of a sudden, they might win around 30 games...a case of addition by subtraction with Kobe and his stooge Byron Scott no longer there.
Wow. I came in here to make this same post. Kings might have a dodged a bullet on that one. Matthews cannot get past his man or create space to shoot. His % is awful.

Despite constant progress in sport medicine, you should be careful, when betting against injury statistics. And I posted multiple times at the time of discussion the fact, that people don't return productive and efficient from Achilles post-26 y.o.. Looks like Wes won't either.
MGasol after suffering "Yao injury" will have trouble staying on the court. Embiid faces the same uphill battle to stay on the court.

I honestly don't know what to make of Utah. On paper, they are solid at almost every position, and have some depth. They also are well coached and good defensively.
However, they lack that one player who can carry a team when needed. I think Hayward is a very good player, but don't think a team with him as their best player can go very far in the playoffs.
I think Joe Johnson can get you an iso bucket in crunch time as well as just about any player not named Lebron.

Status
Not open for further replies.