Report: Kings finalizing sign and trade with Suns for Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, I wonder who will come back in the sign-n-trade deal for Sacramento. I'm hoping for a Len, Plumlee, or Okafor. Highly doubt Dragic/Bledsoe is available.

Sorry, dude, but you're out of your depth here. This has been going on for over a year. I resent you calling this a hate thread. A lot of our feelings - on both sides of the issue - have been boiling up for a long time. Lots of our game threads would be come totally derailed because of this crap.

Let's just let it go, okay? :)
There were a lot of games where IT was about IT and some people, me included, were tired of it.
No hatred involved. I'm gonna miss the little guy. He was instant offense in a bottle. He will do well in Phoenix.

TPE's can be valuable IF you use them. Next offseason (I know, I know) the Kings will have a lot of weapons to use. Cap space, and now this TPE.

hm. once again, i have to point to last season's trade deadline and say, "why not then?" that was the time to trade isaiah thomas, when you could get a useful player asset in return. a trade exception could be valuable down the road, but it's just another "what if" to throw on the pile in the meantime. anyway, so long, IT. wish you could have stuck around as a sixth man; wish you could have stomached it...

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting in a S&T for IT....we have absolutely no leverage as everyone knows we're not going to match. The trade exception might turn out to be useful.

A trade exception is what we got. Essentially when you trade for another player when you're over the cap, your salary has to match within 10%.

So say we trade player x for player y and both teams are over or at the cap:

Player x on Kings - $5 mil/year
Player y on Mavs - $13 mil/year

This wouldn't be possible. HOWEVER, with the trade exception it is.

Player x on Kings - $5 mil/year + $7 mil trade exception ($12 mil total)
Player y on Mavs - $13 mil

They are within an acceptable range. Salary accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.