[Game] Kings v. Blazers 11/08/13 Game Thread

K

KingMilz

The only reason we were even in this game is cause they didn't double Cousins, if teams want a easy win against us all you got to do is pack the paint, Denver/Clippers/Portland all had to struggle against us the other two teams just packed the paint frustrated Cuz and it was game over.

K

KingMilz

The Phoenix Suns have the least amount of talent on their roster just as much as the Kings do. All the Suns have going for them moving forward is Bledsoe and Markieff. However, they do have four first round draft picks...they might be done rebuilding before we are.
They got Dragic who would be the 2nd best player on the our team (can swap him for a good piece) as well, but thing about them is they got people who can defend like Bledsoe, Tucker, Plumlee. But yeah it's between them and us atm only Cousins is keeping it in our favour I guess.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Please, please, PLEASE let Wiggins decide to stay two years at Kansas! I'm so sick of this bull****! For seven years I've had to listen to people talk about "lins," and "wossess," and tanking, and "Wait until next year, when we get that superstar in the draft! Then it'll be worth it, you'll see!" Play to win, god damn it!

It would so serve all of these Rigging for Wiggins people right if he doesn't come out...

Preach it, coach!

Don't know if this was commented on in game thread... What was up with Aldridge on Portland bench with his I-pad and looking at the screen while laughing it up with Batum during game action? Is that how little they take seriously facing the Kings... View a flick? Watch some music vids? Laugh at replays of Kings defense in action?!!:(

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Our problem tonight wasn't IT, it wasn't GV and it wasn't even JT. It was that we might as well have put two chairs out there instead of Salmons and Thornton. Starting them is like having a one-legged monkey as the first leg of your four-man relay. There is no way on earth they would be starting on ANY other team in the league, including D-League. They need to trip over chairs or get lost on the way to the arena or something... Maybe aliens could abduct them?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't know if this was commented on in game thread... What was up with Aldridge on Portland bench with his I-pad and looking at the screen while laughing it up with Batum during game action? Is that how little they take seriously facing the Kings... View a flick? Watch some music vids? Laugh at replays of Kings defense in action?!!:(
I have a feeling they're gonna hear about that. Talk about unprofessional...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Please, please, PLEASE let Wiggins decide to stay two years at Kansas! I'm so sick of this bull****! For seven years I've had to listen to people talk about "lins," and "wossess," and tanking, and "Wait until next year, when we get that superstar in the draft! Then it'll be worth it, you'll see!" Play to win, god damn it!

It would so serve all of these Rigging for Wiggins people right if he doesn't come out...

Preach it, coach!
Marking this post with a "like" just isn't enough.

I hereby award this post my first annual "VF21's post I agree with most vehemently" award. In perpetuity.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
It is deliberate, but it's not tanking: if you play him, you might luck up and get a good game or two out of him, which might just make him trade bait. If you don't play him, all GM's see is that albatross of a contract, with another year left on it.

I know Portland is one of those cutting edge teams in regards to stats and technology, so it's possible it was game related.

S

storisaurus

Tanking is such a funny concept, it reminds me of children when they lose..."I wasn't even trying! I don't even care! Leave me alone!" Anyone who promotes tanking gives others a great glimpse into the kind of person they are.

I feel like much of the roster doesn't know how to play outside of Hero Ball, F**k ball and general Chuck-It offense. There's been defensive problems, but the missed open looks is what disturbs me every game. We have shooters that can't shoot unless they dribble for 5 seconds.

We're running a sort of offense that the personnel doesn't match. The Magoof era spent so much time gathering street hoop heroes that the concept of half-court movement bewilders the team's "offensive firepower".

Just watching the stark difference between how McLemore plays off-ball and how the rest of the team does is telling. Ben is playing a totally different game than the rest. I'm not praising him here. It's just that most of the roster is meant for something we aren't doing anymore, and since they fail at the new thing, they revert to their comfort zone. The team has been more in-synic while in chuck-it mode, but it's not a good thing.

No it seems like we suck, which isn't the same thing. There isn't anything deliberate about what's happening with this team.
I don't buy it. Front offices tank, not the players. By doing next to nothing this offseason, other than losing your 2nd of only two elite talents, the front office would have to be completely delusional to think this team would be any good. Throw a rookie coach at this mess? Losing was the only possible result.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Okay okay, just imagine if Ben and Jimmer got all of Salmons's 24 minutes.
Apparently you don't remember the last time somebody (ahem Westphal ahem) asked Jimmer to guard Batum. I think it was three successful post-ups in a row while Jimmer was throwing his hands up at the coach asking what the hell he was supposed to do.

At least Salmons only gave up three points to Batum while guarding him tonight.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I don't buy it. Front offices tank, not the players. By doing next to nothing this offseason, other than losing your 2nd of only two elite talents, the front office would have to be completely delusional to think this team would be any good. Throw a rookie coach at this mess? Losing was the only possible result.
The problem with your claim is that you're completely no-selling the fact that the front office tried to do something in the offseason. They didn't do nothing by choice.

I don't think they thought we would be good. I do think they misjudged our problems and got stuck on needing to make certain moves, but I think there were obvious challenges getting rid of our dead weight.

I think people get confused about tanking. It's not that players don't try, or that anyone actively roots to lose. You just assemble the kind of players where losing is the inevitable result. We have that kind of roster right now.