Yogi Ferrell

Spurs were creeping hard and if Yogi didn't go into turbo mode it could have been mid single digits with a minute or two to go and then it's anybody's ball game. I got worried for a minute there.
Yea I saw the Spurs making a run so I got up and paused the TV to give myself a break.

Then I resumed and realized Yogi had it under control, then I just sat back down on my couch.

Loved it when the fans were chanting Yogi.
Me too and that chant is brand spanking new and I love it. I was there when the Wallace chants started (I actually literally started it myself). Special player chants do wonders for the whole fan-player environment. It's kind of a magic thing that doesn't happen anywhere outside of sports. If I'm the Kings I'm looking for ways to do more cool stuff like that but you kinda gotta let it be natural. Bet it really makes you feel great as a player too.

Last edited:
He deserves one too!

Any questions?

I’m was disappointed when he wasn’t playing early in the season and now I’m even more disappointed after seeing how he’s performing since given the opportunity. But I guess it just took Coach a long time to figure it out for whatever reason. At least he’s got it going now and the team is winning.

I have been surprised that he hasn't gotten consistent minutes. He can flat our score and should have always been above Frank Mason in the pecking order. I agree we dont need a back up point guard. We have Yogi and Bogi

I do not agree that the Kings' greatest need is a competent back-up point guard. They have one named Yogi.
I tend to agree with you on that. What I've heard from those who want Lin is that Yogi is too streaky and is not a playmaker. Also concern about who replaces Fox when he (Fox) is out for any length of time. I don't think playmaking was one of Bobby Jackson's gifts. And we forgave him for his streaky shooting because he played great D. I think Yogi is - potentially - in that category.

Yogi is not a bad player. He's a solid backup to Deaaron Fox. Kings doesn't need another PG to back up Deaaron Fox.
I think the only gripe with Yogi is he's more of a combo guard than a point guard. Real solid scorer, not all that great at setting up his teammates. Bogie is taking on a lot of the backup facilitating responsibilities and it's just not quite the right way to use him. I don't know if it has any effect on his recent struggles but ideally you'd want him as the secondary ball handler next to a legitimate point guard. The Kings are having to use him as the primary ball handler with Yogi as the secondary ball handler and that's just not quite the most efficient way to run an offense.

Bagley and Giles having a lot of 1 on 1 success helps minimize that.