Yet another injury (Tag breaks hand)... (merged)

This is why we need more front court depth. Now we're down to Songaila and injury-prone Webber and Miller. Forget about a great "find", we need a large warm body.
~~

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Large warm bodies are a dime a dozen this time of year. Not really concerned about this one as long as it does not linger. Will just give Ford or some other big body scrub a chance to be kept on into the regular season. Might even pay some dividends for us by increasing the liklihood we keep a big guy around on IR who know the system and can be brought back to fill in for Webb and Miller when they inevitably go down later.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Large warm bodies are a dime a dozen this time of year. Not really concerned about this one as long as it does not linger. Will just give Ford or some other big body scrub a chance to be kept on into the regular season. Might even pay some dividends for us by increasing the liklihood we keep a big guy around on IR who know the system and can be brought back to fill in for Webb and Miller when they inevitably go down later.
I loveyour optimisim

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
I loveyour optimisim
hey, its just camp and maybe the first week of the season or so. No biggee really, especially for an unskilled lug like Tag. Doubt he's really going to be passing, cuttting and slashing with the rest of the guys anyway, so I'm less concerened with him developing timing/chemistry. Its also a hand, so he can keep running etc. and shouldn't be out of shape

Big thing is just that he has to heal. 6 weeks and its done and we're ok.

Bricklayer

bibbyweb said:
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Ostertag_Out_Six_Weeks-118853-58.html
KINGS’ OSTERTAG IS EXPECTED TO MISS 4-6 WEEKS

October 3, 2004

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- SACRAMENTO, CA ---- Sacramento Kings center Greg Ostertag fractured the third metacarpal on his right hand last night when he suffered a fall at home. He is expected to miss approximately four to six weeks of action.

SAD
Even before the season can start they all are getting injured.:(
suffered a fall at home? Egads. that's not going to help the 'ole clumsy oaf image much now is it? ;)

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
"fall at home" is NBA speak for in a brawl
:eek: :eek:

I hope not...I mean who's going to start a brawl with a 7'2" 280lb man? Well, other than a 7'1" 350lb man of course. ;)

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It isn't the fall; it's the sudden stop at the end. And you can break your hand a gazillion different ways. Especially if, during the fall, you strike the top of your hand against something - like a wall, a stair banister, etc.

I know you weren't joking, Gargy.

;)

WTF? So, last year was the year of the leg (injuries involving the legs, Webb's knee, Brad's foot, GW knee, DC's foot, Vlade had a sprained ankle in there too), will this year be the year of the arms?

Well, at least he its not 4-6 weeks of season play, only about 2 weeks. Where can you find a serviceable back-up center at this stage of the game? Petrie, work your magic!

Why must they torture us so!?!

::shakes fist at sky::

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
This is not a problem, only an opportunity!! Let's see who gets the minutes and steps up. Even with a bandaged hand cast, Tag could still see minutes to start to get in-sync with the others.

I'm choosing to see this as a good sign. The Kings obviously have decided to get all their injuries out of the way early in the season so that at the end of the season thru the playoffs we will all be healthy. Obviously a great decision by management .....

bibbyweb said:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- SACRAMENTO, CA ---- Sacramento Kings center Greg Ostertag fractured the third metacarpal on his right hand last night when he suffered a fall at home. He is expected to miss approximately four to six weeks of action.
:(
So how did he really break his hand?

bibbyweb said:
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Ostertag_Out_Six_Weeks-118853-58.html
KINGS’ OSTERTAG IS EXPECTED TO MISS 4-6 WEEKS

October 3, 2004

SAD
Even before the season can start they all are getting injured.:(
well, the good news is that its only his hand, and not a knee or something...and I know injuries are our nemesis, but at least he'll only be out like the first couple weeks of the season.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Circa_1985_Fan said:
well, the good news is that its only his hand, and not a knee or something...and I know injuries are our nemesis, but at least he'll only be out like the first couple weeks of the season.
It's not like Tag ever realy used his hands much anyway. Heck now that I think about it I say play him!